'11 Jeep Liberty; 9300 miles, OCI feedback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded off my 'midlife crisis' impulse buy and got a very lightly used 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport with @ 9,300 miles (3.7L V-6 w/ 4-speed automoatic transmission, 4WD); Carfax showed 3 oil changes prior to being sold at auction (@ 700 miles, @ 2400 miles, @ 6200 miles)...my dealer just did another one prior to selling (what I deduce from this is the engine is very clean); my driving habits are as follows:

5-10 miles to work & home x 5 times/week; 10-50 miles on the weekends (except during riding season then the total mileage/frequency in both cases goes down significantly); 80-90% rural roads with stop-n-go in town & while running errands; 10-20% highway/open country roads; very little off-road time planned; southcentral PA region for weather (about 'average' with Philly area with some variations)

I do not know if I have an oil life monitor; I have 4 free conventional oil changes written into the sales deal; I deduce the dealer will use bulk Pennzoil conventional 5w-20 & Mopar filters or equivalent (the same dealer as my prior 2 Jeep purchases); with that stated...how many miles per oil change? also, should I upgrade to a synthetic blend for winter time to get faster oil flow? thanks...

my 'thoughts' are to do 4500-5000 miles during warmer months and 4000-4500 miles in colder temps due to extended idleing for warm-ups

Last edited:
Who will be doing the oil changes? Your difference between 4500-5000 and 4000-4500 is insignificant.

If you do it yourself, just get PP for a little over $22 at Walmart for a 5 gallon jug,

When the decision between a blend and synthetic comes down to $10 it does not seem much of a decision to me.

A blend can be 1% synthetic and 99% dino or 99% synthetic and 1% dino or anything in between. There are no rules there unless stated on the label.

Quote:

If you do it yourself, just get PP for a little over $22 at Walmart for a 5 gallon jug,

What does he do with the other 4 gallons lol.

Your next four changes are a done deal, then.
5K is probably reasonable.
You could ask the dealer what they'll use.
The oil will be whatever their standard bulk service fill is but they may cheap out on the oil filter.
Ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back