10yrs/62k Miles - Unknown Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found on Reddit, hoping that they kept the filter and will cut her open. Story goes that it's from a ‘99 F150, old man changes the oil every 10 years or 100,000km.

[Linked Image]

The fact that is still runs and drives makes those scared of going beyond 3K miles for an OCI on wal-thetic look a little silly.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
The fact that is still runs and drives makes those scared of going beyond 3K miles for an OCI on wal-thetic look a little silly.

It's all about the varnish.

Not sure about most, but I have done it situation specific … like an ecoboost when diluted oil and very long chains are some of the concerns, not if the XG10575 can do 2x5k … it can.
with the high end oil I scooped up on clearance I will now do the opposite … not going to run my $4 filter as long as the advanced oil.

Anyone take notice of the mottled finish of the rust?

It's akin to the pattern on zinc coated garbage cans.

Hey, the owner's an "old man" so he knows what he's doing.

What's that big foot reaching down off the adapter?

Originally Posted by MrMoody
It's orange, it's a Fram.
lol.gif
Chances of seeing it cut open: zero.

After taking a closer look, I do believe it is a Fram Orange Can Of Rust. Small peeks of orange do exist there..... Yowser!
I don't open Reddit links or visit / open social media websites. Just a few threaded messageboards that operate like this one.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Guy needs to stop driving on the bottom of the ocean.

They need to stop pouring ocean water on the highways, that would make it easier.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by MrMoody
It's orange, it's a Fram.
lol.gif
Chances of seeing it cut open: zero.

After taking a closer look, I do believe it is a Fram Orange Can Of Rust. Small peeks of orange do exist there..... Yowser!
I don't open Reddit links or visit / open social media websites. Just a few threaded messageboards that operate like this one.

How can you be certain that those "orange peeks" aren't just various shades of rust?
coffee2.gif

I'm working with the reddit original poster and he's trying to upload pics of it. He's not very tech savvy.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
There's a used vehicle I'd pass on.

You got that right !

Unless it was price at near give away & you were OK rebuilding / replacing the engine .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back