If there are long periods without use an Agricultural version of RX Super with a Vapour Phase Inhibitor (VPI) would be my choice
here in Oz that would be one of Castrols Agri range,with probably the most suitable being Agri Power Plus.
Most of the Cockies around here use it or Agri MP Plus. I used to use RX-Super in our farm tractors, (when on the farm) including a White with a 6-354T Perkins, Case IH, etc. Still have a little Fiat 550, and use Fuchs Titan Ultralube 15W-40 CI-4 in it. FWIW, the oil specs for the Fiat are 20W-40 above 0*C/32*F and 10W-30 below 0*. It never gets below -7* here overnight in winter, and the tractor wont start then anyway.
CASTROL AGRI POWER PLUS is a true high performance, SAE 15W-40 multigrade engine oil designed specifically to lubricate and protect the typical broad range and brands of equipment found on Australian farms.
CASTROL AGRI POWER PLUS has the added benefit of ICP* (Internal Corrosion Protection).
CASTROL AGRI POWER PLUS is a balanced formulation which exceeds the API CH-4 diesel and the SJ petrol-engine specification. It is Castrol’s prime recommendation for mixed fleet farming operations, ensuring high levels of protection to American, European and Japanese powered machinery.
CASTROL AGRI POWER PLUS is recommended for diesel engines, either turbocharged or non-turbocharged, and all fuel types of petrol engines. Note: As with all API CH-4 rated engine oils, the higher phosphorous levels may in time reduce the efficiency of catalytic converters.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
• one oil for farm and on-road vehicles, reduces inventory.
• ideally suited for mixed fleet farming operations, avoids misapplication.
• Improved soot related wear protection, increases engine durability.
• excellent piston deposit control, reduces oil consumption.
• balanced formulation of ash and alkaline reserve to minimise engine deposits, helps extend engine life.
• contains ICP* (Internal Corrosion Protection).
* How ICP works: When farm machinery is shut down between seasons, the oil drains from surfaces in the engine, transmission and hydraulic systems, exposing them to the effects of atmospheric corrosion. The ICP additive blended into the Castrol Agri range preserves those internally exposed surfaces by coating them in a protective vapour shield. Peace of mind protection all year round.
AGRI POWER PLUS
B1543/02 (replaces none)
Diesel: API CH-4
Petrol: API SJ
CASTROL AGRI POWER PLUS may be recommended against the following specifications and manufacturers’ requirements:
Massey Ferguson M1140, M1109
Ford M2C153-E, M2C121-B
John Deere JDS - G135
Case MS 1120
GM 6094 M
Note: CASTROL AGRI POWER PLUS is not suitable for use in two stroke engines
SAE Grade KV40°C cSt KV100°C cSt [email protected]
cP Viscosity Index Sulfated Ash %wt TBN
mg KOH / g API Rating 15W-40 114 15.2 7000 max 139 1.2 10.2 CH-4
[ September 10, 2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: tdi-rick ]