10W-30 dino PCMO with the best detergent add pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that rotella better than mobil drive clean\drive clean blend? it costs a little more, its made by shell am i right?

id like to run some high detergent oil after my auto rx just for 1 time u know...

Any of the heavy duty motor oils like rotella , delo 400, mobil 1300,schaffers. Search in the phone book for oil distributers in the yellow pages. The next best thing to high quality synthetics. As posted they are avaiable in 10w30 , in they are good enough for $20,000 engines they are good enough for what we driveEven though I,ve used moer synthetic lubes than I would admit to.
dunno.gif

[ March 20, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Steve S ]

Always heard that group I oils like Drive Clean were the among the best for detergency. The name means something in this case. Also think that the performance specs. for Drive Clean is one of the worst.

so high rpm for drive clean is not a good performer?? i saw that rottella at wal mart but wasnt sure if its was hd or sae. man now u got me looking into another oil. unless that was ur opinion...can u show me that it is not good?

eeh, I meant to post this link:
http://www.rotella.com/products/rotella_t.html

Why do you not want a HD oil? Please take note that is not a "diesel oil" but rather a "fleet oil." But what difference does it make anyways? You'd prefer to have an inferior oil perhaps? These "fleet oils" are SL rated as well as approved for big diesel engines. You asked for a 10w30 with a good detergent package and the aforementioned fleet oils are exactly that.

--Matt

i always thought hd oil was bad for my engine...i like the thing about that oil that it is a good detergent, i also want more molly hahah...but i dont want to pay too much for oil. you think that stuff will be ok in my 91 accord? o btw thats not a synthetic right? is there other kind of brands with differnt price ranges? thanks man.

Which 10W-30 dino PCMO does the best job of keeping an engine clean? Note that I am not talking about HD 10W-30 Diesel oils.

Anyone have any opinions?

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
i always thought hd oil was bad for my engine...i like the thing about that oil that it is a good detergent, i also want more molly hahah...but i dont want to pay too much for oil. you think that stuff will be ok in my 91 accord? o btw thats not a synthetic right? is there other kind of brands with differnt price ranges? thanks man.

those oils are API SL approved. They will work excellent in your engine. They also happent to do very well in very large engines.

--Matt

thanks, well ill try it in my engine. gee i feel as if im taking a huge risk. i can run that for 3000 miles safely yes? can i use that with auto rx? im going to be in the middle of my treawtment where i run only dino for about 1500 miles, should i just wait then?

o how much

quote:

will it make my exaust put out more emmisions? i noticed that some oils put out more emmisions like castrol vs penz.

How did you notice that?
dunno.gif

cause im an idiot. heheh. well like i tried to put castrol gtx in my honda one time. and ever since i first started it it gave off a little stonger smell. like if u were to smell inside the bottle thats what my exaust would smell like. now i tried penzoil and out of the bottle it was kinda a slight scent and thats how it smelled through my exaust. ok you know how im going through auto rx right now, well you know that sweet smell...haha u can smell it in my exaust...

so basically thats how i come to the conclusion. but i have no proff that it gives more emmisions but maybe just more smell.

quote:

cause im an idiot. heheh. well like i tried to put castrol gtx in my honda one time. and ever since i first started it it gave off a little stonger smell. like if u were to smell inside the bottle thats what my exaust would smell like. now i tried penzoil and out of the bottle it was kinda a slight scent and thats how it smelled through my exaust. ok you know how im going through auto rx right now, well you know that sweet smell...haha u can smell it in my exaust...

so basically thats how i come to the conclusion. but i have no proff that it gives more emmisions but maybe just more smell.

Dig-Drif,

Even though I don't approve, we've had lots of oil sniffing on this board. But I have to draw the line at exhaust sniffing. Do yourself a favor, GET OFF THE EXHAUST VAPORS! There...I said it. Maybe your posts will start to make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back