1000 miles on my Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving this bike. Never thought I'd own a Harley, but I'm hooked.

Cons-

Highbeam- mine may need to be adjusted, when I'm going downhill, or even on level ground for that matter, it just doesn't shoot out far enough. When I'm on a road out in the middle of nowhere, and there are no streetlights, it is dangerous, particularly when there are turns and hills involved.

How on earth, in the year 2017, is there no kickstand kill switch?

Filling with gas. Too many gas stations in my area make it impossible to fill it without making a mess. I have to wrap paper towels around the nozzle to keep it from splashing all over, seems like from the opening to the bottom of the tank is too shallow.

Didn't come with a center stand. Ridiculous.

Why is there no temp gauge, but there is a voltmeter? Doesn't make sense to me.

Pros-

Brakes- Awesome. You wouldn't know this was a 900 lb bike, blows the Wing away (and that's about the only thing, lol).
Handling. I feel no need to upgrade the suspension. I've been flicking this thing around like a sport bike on the twisties. Never once bottomed out, never feels unstable, even with the motorcycle tire on the back. Incidentally, it doesn't feel unstable with a motorcycle tire on gravel. Was in the Twisties yesterday, shocked some guys on sport bikes.

Luggage- Love the way the side bags open from the top and the top bag opens from the side.

Info center and Navigation- easy to use, easy to read.

Stereo- just as good as the Wing.

Heated Hand grips- Love em. Wish I had 'em on the Wing.

Exhaust- perfect note, not too loud, not too quiet. No need for upgrade.

Windshield- perfect height for me, all in all, very happy with the whole front fairing, and wind protection.

Dealership Network- not just the network, but you know Harley has AWESOME dealerships. My local Dealer, Battlefield Harley in Gettysburg, PA, is very well done, with lots of helpful, friendly people. You could just go there for the day and hang out. Gobs of aftermarket stuff there, no need to order. If I had to have them do some repair work, or maintenance, I feel fully comfortable that they would get it right. Can't say that if I brought the Wing in for anything at the average Honda dealer. Seems they're all about sport bikes and ATVs anymore.

Transmission and shifting- LOVE THE 6TH GEAR. Neutral is tricky to find, but I imagine that will get better as it breaks in.... shifts pretty smooth, love having floorboards as well.

Motor/Power- is what it is, not going to be drag racing it, but it isn't a dog either. Plenty of power to go 2 up, though there is some need for downshifting at times, unlike the Wing where it has gobs of power. Been getting 39 mpg with aggressive riding and no highway, Wing gets 42mpg.

Seat- Very comfortable, no need to upgrade, but I will get it recovered by a local upholstery guy, just for looks.

Very happy all in all, perfect compliment to my other bikes.

Up next? Moto Guzzi Audace was calling my name at the Bike show. Maybe some years down the road.

Once you do the big hours in the saddle, it becomes obvious why people love big Harley's
smile.gif

My fav is the Road King. I ride a Sportster from home. But when the wife and I want to 2-wheel somewhere in comfort, we rent an RK from a friends shop and ride into the sunset
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Get the Daymaker

+1 on the optional Harley Daymaker (LED headlamp).

I can count three actual instances where I am convinced the LED dual beams on my Ducati caught opposing driver's attn right before they might not have noticed me otherwise. Bright as an arc welder bead (ok not really...)

Have them turn the spots on when the high beam is on. Made a big difference. Had to aim mine after I got it but that was an easy job. Just follow the instructions in the service manual.

' Have them turn the spots on when the high beam is on. '

^ The spots only work on low beam.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
' Have them turn the spots on when the high beam is on. '

^ The spots only work on low beam.

The dealer can change the program so they work with the high beam. They did mine in about 5 minutes. Made a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back