100% Cranberry Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We drink a lot of Langers cranberry juice from concentrate. We add water and lemon juice for a refreshing drink with less sugar.
Cranberry/Pomegranate mix is also very good.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I get it all the time here at CVS, mostly because I don't like going to Wal-Mart, who also has it. Ocean Spray 100% Cranberry Juice No Sugar Added is what it says on the label. Good stuff too.

Considering this is Alabama, I'm kind of surprised this version is hard to find in places other than say, Venezuela.

Yes, it's all juice and no sugar added but it's from concentrate with other stuff added in. Look at the ingredient list. I was talking about the juice that has only one ingredient....cranberries.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ocean-Spray-100-Cranberry-100-Juice-101.4-oz/15935182

and there is a huge difference in the grams of sugar: 28 vs 10 grams per serving....

from my point of view as i am borderline diabetic, is that I would go with the Trader Joe one.
I would add it to about a 3/4 glass of water to help break the monotony of plain water and get some natural vitamins or minerals.

thanks for the info SS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
and there is a huge difference in the grams of sugar: 28 vs 10 grams per serving....

from my point of view as i am borderline diabetic, is that I would go with the Trader Joe one.
I would add it to about a 3/4 glass of water to help break the monotony of plain water and get some natural vitamins or minerals.

thanks for the info SS.

You're welcome John. The juice is supposed to help diabetics based on this link:

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-cranberry-juice.html

I had a glass this morning and it was tart. Mixing it with water will help a lot.

Originally Posted By: Rand
females have 2ft urinary tracts? Anyway, its good for UTI's which many females get.

You need to go to the organic or health section in the store usually its not in with the regular juice.

Lakewood brand is common here.. about $5.99
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-33/

I did see the Lakewood brand yesterday at Heinens. It was either 5.99 or 8.99 there. I can't remember since it was next to all the different Lakewood brand juices.

I did notice an article that said the juice is good at preventing uti's but not at treating them afterwards.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
You can also just buy frozen cranberries and incorporate them with foods to get the benefits. No sugar that way and you get nutrition from the skin of the berry also.

Good point about the skin. I've also seen bags of them in the produce section that were pretty inexpensive.

I get it all the time here at CVS, mostly because I don't like going to Wal-Mart, who also has it. Ocean Spray 100% Cranberry Juice No Sugar Added is what it says on the label. Good stuff too.

Here's the ingredient list for Ocean Spray Cranberry 100% Juice.

Cranberry juice from conc., grape juice from conc., apple juice from conc., pear juice from conc., natural flavors, pectin, ascorbic acid(vitamin C).

Notice how the 100% is put right in front of the word juice and doesn't say 100% cranberry which is misleading.

Whatever y'all do,NEVER buy any juice that will say something like "Cranberry juice flavored drink",only to be surprised by the horror you'll read on the label once you get home with it,"Contains 5% fruit juice". I got screwed like that one time by not paying close attention to the label. I took it to work and left it in the break room with a sign taped to it "Free juice".

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Here's the ingredient list for Ocean Spray Cranberry 100% Juice.

Cranberry juice from conc., grape juice from conc., apple juice from conc., pear juice from conc., natural flavors, pectin, ascorbic acid(vitamin C).

Notice how the 100% is put right in front of the word juice and doesn't say 100% cranberry which is misleading.

Thanks for pointing that out. Honestly, I have put little thought into juice other than I like it sometimes and I know it's kind of good for me. I really haven't thought about it much beyond looking at percentages. Ocean Spray's "100% Juice No Sugar Added" marketing totally worked on me.

Still not a bad option compared to 5% fruit flavor drink, but I appreciate you pointing out the difference and may seek out the real deal next time.

Thanks for this TJ's heads-up.

I've been buying their low calorie Cranberry Juice Cocktail. 40 Cal/8 oz. It's $3/64 oz. Best stuff I've had since the 100% stuff. I drink a glass every morning. Makes the Ocean Spray stuff taste like sugar water. It's great anytime of day though.

I'll pick up a bottle of the 100% stuff next time I'm in.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

I've been buying their low calorie Cranberry Juice Cocktail. 40 Cal/8 oz. It's $3/64 oz. Best stuff I've had since the 100% stuff. I drink a glass every morning. Makes the Ocean Spray stuff taste like sugar water. It's great anytime of day though.

Ocean Spray basically is sugar water lol

Wow...the 100% stuff has some real stand-up-and-bark to it! This would be essential for cosmos. Also plays well with ginger ale.

Wow...the 100% stuff has some real stand-up-and-bark to it! This would be essential for cosmos. Also plays well with ginger ale.

Yes, indeed it does. Which reminds me I have to go there and pick some more.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back