10-W30 Syntec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person who likes Syntec??

I run M1 also and I can read a spec. sheet.

Everybody poo poo's USA Castrol Syntec.

Maybe I'm a dunce, but tell me why, if you want.

Most will say it is a "fake" synthetic. A group 3. But it does have very good spec. Some will say it is over priced because it is not a synthetic.

Yep, it's a Group III and it priced right up there with M1.

If you are a Castrol guy, considering going to your local Autozone and trying the Castrol Syntec 0w-30 red label (not yellow) without the API starburst and Made in Germany on the back?

There are some good UOAs from folks that have used it. With the GC, you at least get your $$$ worth.

I don't believe they have it, but I will look again. Thanks.

I'm not a Castrol guy, I just try to find what works.

I have M1 10-30 right now and I pleased also.

I willlook at Autozone tomorrow!!

I'll just chime in here and say that I would never consider Castrol of any flavor, as I hold them primarily responsible for the existance of "fake" synthetic oils... They could make the finest oil in existance and I would not buy it.

quote:

Originally posted by tec97:
I'll just chime in here and say that I would never consider Castrol of any flavor, as I hold them primarily responsible for the existance of "fake" synthetic oils... They could make the finest oil in existance and I would not buy it.

cheers.gif

Just went to Autozone. No GC here. All the USA stuff.

Castrol is clearly labelled "Not for sale outside the USA." on the container. This obviously means it doesn't fit the rest of the world's definition of syn.

It's good stuff though. I have no illusions.

The one thing which has me curious is why have we seen so many good UOA results on here with Castrol Syntec Blend but their top "full synthetic" hasn't performed as well, despite costing more money.
dunno.gif

I wish Castrol provided easy access to their data sheets like Mobil does. Maybe they do and I just haven't found it yet.

I still have a horror of 10-40's from the old days, but I would like to see this info.

I may have to change my opinion of syntec blend after this site. The actual specs. don't really look too good.

I read your post Cryptoid, but I guess someone out there didn't like it.

It all got blown away. Anyway I did get to read it first.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
I read your post Cryptoid, but I guess someone out there didn't like it.

It all got blown away. Anyway I did get to read it first.

It wasn't edited by one of the moderators though, you can see that he chose to edit it out himself.

yeah sorry about that. my info was completly wrong. he tested schaffers syn blend against schaffers mineral. not mobil1 as i thought.
( this should only make sence to the guy who read my original post)

I run 5W-30 Syntec, all of my Honda motors have been happy w/ it. I have one UOA on here that was pretty good for how hard I run my cars, the only down side was a slight vis drop.

I would have had a 5000 mile UOA, except before my car reached 5000, it was totaled.
mad.gif

I will have more UOA's in the future.

Also note depending on where you buy Syntec, it's usually at least .50 to $1.00 cheaper than M1.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
I would like to see the Syntec 10/40 ran in a good motor . The data sheet looks simalar to the new breed 0/40's like Motul . A very light 40wt with moly I'm guessing .

I am currently running Syntec 10W-40 in the BMW 325i. A UOA is planned for about 8000 miles (one year) and will be posted here. The only thing unique about it so far is the Tide detergent smell.

We'll be looking forward to it Jimbo, but 1 yr. is a little long to wait.

I may be tempted to try it after the Winter is over here.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back