10 Second cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely we had one when i worked at a race shop. We took out the V6, put in a 5.4L DOHC V8 a 92mm turbo, powerglide and a 9" and it actually cut mid 8's. Technically it was still a v6 mustang
grin2.gif

whats the deal with 10 seconds cars?

watch fast n furious too many times?

why not 11 seconds, or 10.5, or 9?

if you want to go that fast, why stop at 10

reminds me of the fad when everyone and their brother wanted a "1000"hp Supra, like it was some kind of magical number..... surely 967 and 932 horse power ratings would provide [censored] near the same feeling/traction issues/turbo lag

a better question to come out with would have been.... how fast can a v6 mustang get in the 1/4.....

Last edited:
One of the new ones, yeah, probably when they get a forced induction kit.

Or buy a 2011 Mustang GT. They're rumored to be high 10's with a few bolt-ons.

Keep in mind I don't have 29847982374982734982437 million dollars to buy new cars, and spend 60 grand in mods. Hahaha. I just want to get fast without going completely broke. If that's possible.

38sho,

Do you build high output engines ?

fast n furious was pretty cool especially at the end of the movie when Vin Diesel almost dies in the car crash and then flees to Mexico.

if you want to go fast without money

sell your v6 mustang as fast as possible!

buy something that has decent flowing heads, and a good stock bottom end, and throw some gas and nitrous at it! best bang for the buck.... some stock engines can tolerate more nitrous then others, do your research....

V6 mustangs get costly because the heads are so [censored]..... In the end it will never be a high revving monster, you could start with probably 100 better engines to modify

no I don't build high output engines, i stick with my SHO that already has an insane engine stock.... all its missing is some BOOST! after 400 to the wheels its time for some forged pistons but everything else is golden, I don't think anyone has maxed out the engine yet, the transmission is the weak link, I think some guys are in the 700whp range but don't say exactly what they got.... Just stock maintenance on the thing is time consuming enough!

I had a 3.8 and know how [censored] they are, and know what it takes to modify them to make ANY power over stock output levels....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: van5150halen
Keep in mind I don't have 29847982374982734982437 million dollars to buy new cars, and spend 60 grand in mods. Hahaha. I just want to get fast without going completely broke. If that's possible.

seriously, if you have to ask these juvinile questions, you aren't ready for a 10 sec car.

the guys that go real fast on a budget are REAL smart and REAL talented. they get the lightest car they can, and the most powerful engine (like a LS2 in a RX-7). but besides that, there's the trans, rear, brakes, cooling and safety. they trade, buy used, call in favors and weld and wrench themselves to get it done.
if you're not able/willing to do that, forget it.

I think a 10 second street car is fairly expensive, a 1L sport bike is probably the cheapest way. Also one of friends Dad some sort of spec drag racing with a big block engine. I don't know if its in the 10's or not, they are very limited for mods to keep the costs down.

The thing people never consider when going faster is all the extra stuff you need for safety. cages, chutes, fire suppression systems, etc add up real quick.

Sorry I'm not a vehicle genius like everyone else on here. That's part of the reason I posted this in the first place was to learn. I'm sorry if wanting to learn new things is "juvenile", mpvue. Most 18 year olds should know everything about cars, and prices of mods. I'm just ignorant, Y'know?

Last edited:
OT: Back in my street racing days we would all gather on a back road where we had a 1/4 mile marked off. We always tore up some racer that swore that his car ran 12's,11's etc.

I was usually the guinnie pig, I had a 340 Plymouth Duster that ran consistant 14.7's. Now 14's is not that fast today but it was respectable in the early 90's from a bone stock car.

I would line up against the supposably faster car and 99 out of 100 I would beat him! Most people had no clue how fast their car was. The would guesstimate a 1/4 mile and try to time it with a stopwatch.

I had time slips to prove how slow their car really was. We had other cars that were in the 12's but these were barely street legal.

10 seconds from a V6 is possible and would be a neet sleeper but it would take a lot of $$$ and knowhow. If your really interested in making the V6 faster then check out your local hot rod shops and see what they say and whats available.

I bet that you could get it into the high to mid 13's pretty easily but 10's is going to be a feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back