10/30 HD oils-only in drums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some really neat HD 10/30 oils available but they only come in 30- 55 gallon drums.

The Delvac1300S
the following has pour points of around -45F
Phillips
Two Exxons,a XD-3 and a syn blend XD-3 Elite
Conoco has one ect.
Interesting that Exxon had a 0/40 HD oil for a very short while available in quarts and gallons,it's on their website but not available.
FWIW I went to our local Exxon/Mobil Distributor and bought a bulk 5 gallon pail( 96 cents a quart
cool.gif
) of the Exxon 10/30 XD-3,non syn yesterday and have sent a sample to the Schaeffers Lab for a look see.
It specs out pretty darn good on the data sheet but I have to stop for awhile now
smile.gif
,,I finally found and ordered a bunch of Conoco's Syncon 10/30 full PAO Passenger car oil and some of John Deeres 0/40 HD oil" made by Chevron" and am sitting on big chunk of Phillips 15/40- racing oil and their 10/30 Turbo oil,Castrol R4 5/40,Motul 10/40 and a some of the Synergyn oils and additves I have not used up from years ago.
We are are not driving as many miles as we have in the past but I am still buying oil like we were ;)Chevron has some 0/30 I want but I will have to wait 6 months to get it on the next truck,,thats ok,I'm set
smile.gif
it seems.

[ January 04, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Using stock market terminoligy I would say he's going Long since he buys and holds for the long term
grin.gif

Well if enough was enough I overdid it again. I just got in a order of Conoco HD Fleet Supreme 10/30 in cases of quarts,6 of them and the elusive because some wholesalers will not bother to order it for you Conoco Syncon 10/30 Synthetic.6 -12 quart cases.
I will use it all up but it might take awhile,speaking of awhile I ordered 3 cases of the Chevron Delo 0-30. It will be 3 months before it gets here becasue of they order full trucks of Chevron so they can get the best price.

I have always caught oil on sale and bought it up well knowing the prices will increase in the future,,no telling what will happen in the next so year or so with whats going on in the Middle east and storage life is good.
At least these oils will be seen here through analysis in the future,,this oil hobby is mucho cheaper than racing.Yep , yep it is
smile.gif

Don't forget to order your Survivalist pack and cache your weapons and ammo as well.
tongue.gif

Edit: Oil drums are great for storing those .50 cal BMG rounds.
grin.gif

[ January 09, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Half way there. Those 440 and 770 tins of ammo with the big key like opens a can of Spam seem to store well
smile.gif
. Would sure like to look inside those but best not for now.Bulgarian,Yugoslavian,Russian and Chinese rounds were very inexpensive a few years back.

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Well if enough was enough I overdid it again. I just got in a order of Conoco HD Fleet Supreme 10/30 in cases of quarts,6 of them and the elusive because some wholesalers will not bother to order it for you Conoco Syncon 10/30 Synthetic.6 -12 quart cases.
I will use it all up but it might take awhile,speaking of awhile I ordered 3 cases of the Chevron Delo 0-30. It will be 3 months before it gets here becasue of they order full trucks of Chevron so they can get the best price.

I have always caught oil on sale and bought it up well knowing the prices will increase in the future,,no telling what will happen in the next so year or so with whats going on in the Middle east and storage life is good.
At least these oils will be seen here through analysis in the future,,this oil hobby is mucho cheaper than racing.Yep , yep it is
smile.gif

Geez...and I thought I was strange for having a few bottles of oil sitting around!
grin.gif

Those of in the distribution business would love customers like you. Most of my customers order after they have drained their engines and realized they have nothing to fill it with.

quote:

Originally posted by widman:
Those of in the distribution business would love customers like you. Most of my customers order after they have drained their engines and realized they have nothing to fill it with.

Hey there don't talk about my Son!
grin.gif

Seriously 5 years ago and his first car on a Satureday he drained his oil in my shop,was no oil there for the car :)35 miles round trip to town and back we had the right grade oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back