quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Pronostication: I believe...

Did you mean "Prognostication"?

Pronostication: The act of predicting favorable results. (1)

(1) Eye'm the last person who should be commenting on anyone's spilling, but kudn't pass that up.

That's funny. All three of my dictionaries, not including the one I checked on the internet, doesn't have a "Pronostication". I am familiar with "Prognostication" and I did find that in all four sources.

By the way, I wasn't trying to be a smart***. I always look up words I'm not familiar with. If it was a simple typo I wouldn't of mentioned it. I just thought there was a word out there I wasn't familiar with.

quote:

Originally posted by Drstressor:
You cannot conclude anything meaningful from the wear metal data unless the test is repeated again with both types of oil. The engine was still running in during the MI cycle. So the observation that the wear metals have stabilized during the Amsoil cycle could mean: 1) wear would have stabilized anyway regardless of the oil or, 2) Amsoil provides better protection. Nothing in the data set so far can distinguish between the 2 alternatives. If 3MP's objective is to see how long different oils can hold up, he should continue the test with different oils. If the purpose is to compare wear rates between oils, the next cycle should be M1 again followed by Amsoil.

Amen.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Pronostication: I believe...

Did you mean "Prognostication"?

Pronostication: The act of predicting favorable results. (1)

(1) Eye'm the last person who should be commenting on anyone's spilling, but kudn't pass that up.

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for pronostication:
1. prognostication
2. prenotification
3. pronunciation
4. Pronunciation
5. pronunciations
6. prolongations
7. prolongation
8. punctations
9. pressurization
10. popularization
11. pressurizations

For those out there who have seen the movie "My big fat Greek wedding".

"Prognostication" derivers from the widly used greek word prognosis=forecast or prediction.

Molacule, i know you are kind enough to forgive some friendly banters.

quote:

Originally posted by 3 Mad Ponchos:

So what do you think? Surprised?

Cheers, 3MP [/QB]

I am not surpirsed. I knew there ws something screwy with the TBN number.

End of the year time limit? While there may be an end of the year time limit, I am sure that people on this board would love to see you continue the test to 18,000 and beyond. I'd like to see how far the Amsoil can go before you reach Mobil 1 wear levels. Then after that I'd love to see how some other oils fare in that engine.

Thanks,

Don

per the B master Savage:

quote:

We also did a Dexsil TBN test, which showed a TBN of 4.0. And -- shhhhh, it's a secret -- we're still waiting on test results from an alternative laboratory. Looks like we can keep on going for a while.

What's the scoop? Any data from the lab yet???

PS 3MP could use some $ donations, folks...!

Nope, nada from the other lab.
frown.gif

Cheers, 3MP

1ST let me say I have enjoyed reading your well documented tests on Mobil and now Amsoil. Keep up the good work.

So I wonder what really happens to a good oil after one year of use. Would it say, turn ugly at 1 year 3 months or what?

3MP has a business to run and doesn't always have time for oil study stuff.
wink.gif

Got the results informally. Will post on the website once the official results are in. Motorbike is welcome to post the informal results if he wishes, as he has them too.

Cheers, 3MP

I can understand your huge amount of time involved. It's not like you can just add the extra hours on to the 24 in a day. The time comes from somewhere....
cheers.gif
Again, thanks.

I say e-send/FAX the results to an impartial moderator if you don't have the hours to post.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Pro Football season is right around the corner .

Buster , who are you pulling for this year ?
smile.gif

Buster like the Phillie Iggles!
lol.gif
tongue.gif

Buster,Thanks for the running back.The Duce and 'da Bus should be fun to watch this year.
cheers.gif
See you Thursday night.

Many thanks for the great tests being run. It is so refreshing to see all of the test results posted.

Looks to me like Amsoil will outlast Mobil 1 over the life of the test. The Amsoil numbers will get even better (TBN and viscosity) when the filter is changed and makeup oil is added.

Keep up the good work and keep posting.

quote:

Buster , who are you pulling for this year

I'm pulling for my "Iggles" as Mark would say. We are banged up already. Until TO starts running his mouth at McFlabb for throwing the ball at his ankles or hanging him out to dry across the middle, things should go OK. Kearse is a liability too.

Mark , Duce was my favorite Eagle. Did not want to see him go. I'm telling you that guy will give 100% every game and is a great leader. If my team goes down I might actually root for the "Stillers".
cheers.gif
smile.gif

>

[ August 24, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

I just noticed my football post was in an effort to keep a pinned topic alive
grin.gif

I'm waiting till midseason then will get on a bandwagon with some team .
tongue.gif
But go Brett Farve anyway
cheers.gif

If it's close , I'll wait till the playoffs since the Skins keep letting me doooooown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back