1 yr change interval okay on OEM cartridge filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i've gathered here on this site, i should be able to go 1 yr/10k on a regular filter. But what about a cartridge style?

Any difference?

No, there are no differences. You may want to remove the filter holder to take a look at the filter to see if it's cleaned and can be reused.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
No, there are no differences. You may want to remove the filter holder to take a look at the filter to see if it's cleaned and can be reused.

My complete OCI are 1 yr / 15k, and i always change the filer at that time. I never reuse a filter when i change the oil.

I was just curious if a 1yr filter change is safe, where it's not a mobil one or amsoil brand.

So even though it's a cartridge style filter, it wouldn't matter and i should feel confident running it for that long?

Thanks everyone for your input.

Happy Holidays!!

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
If your under warrenty why take the chance.

I'm already taking a small risk going extended drains. I want to know if it's safe to go 1 yr on the filter, or would it be safer to go with a wix or TRD over the toyota OEM.
My UOA showed no problems with filtration on my first run and 6k miles, but the filter was changed twice in that interval.

My cartidges in my V6 Rav4 could easily go 8-10k mile before changing with my 4k OCI's (daily short commute). I called Toyota and asked about changing it every other OCI like Honda, but they held to their corporate line saying that it should be changed with every oil change.

Looks like I am stuck with changing it every OCI because of the free lifetime powertrain warranty from the dealer. Otherwise I would go every other OCI after the basic warranty expires.

I drive 4,000 miles a year and in February my oil will have been in for a year. I checked my filter a month back and it looked fine. This is on a 2007 2.2L Ecotec.

Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Who is the Toyota cartridge style filter made by? Where is it made?

I'm told it is Denso and made in Thailand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back