1 year Yokohama tire update

Good to hear you happy. Not sure where you are, but how do they perform in rain and snow ? Thanks
I do not live in a place where it snows, but when it rains, it does not slip in the van unless I take sharp turns going 25-30.

I put a set of Avids on my Cruze last fall, I like the ride and they handle well but they are whiny on smooth pavement (asphalt) fortunately I live in MI and theres not a lot of smooth pavement so its not a big issue.

With rebates on AT, the cheapest offerings from Cooper/Goodyear/Continental are in the same ballpark as the Yokohamas, so I have not bought a set, although I notice them each time I buy, and wonder at what point the gap in price between Yoko & the rest will impel me to buy a set of those.

You said you have had them for a year now. What are you comparing them against? When you said you take sharp turns, how would the previous tires perform compared to the Yokohamas?

On the odyssey I put on Yokohama touring tires a year ago. They are very quiet and overall great tires, even being fwd and going 80 down the highway, its very quiet. I will post photos of the tread later.

With rebates on AT, the cheapest offerings from Cooper/Goodyear/Continental are in the same ballpark as the Yokohamas, so I have not bought a set, although I notice them each time I buy, and wonder at what point the gap in price between Yoko & the rest will impel me to buy a set of those.

You said you have had them for a year now. What are you comparing them against? When you said you take sharp turns, how would the previous tires perform compared to the Yokohamas?
I had uniroyal tiger paw economy tires, those were a lot worse. They would skid when going up ramps, skid every time when taking sharp turns, and just plain sucked. You won't experience skidding unless you are going 25-30 and taking a sharp turn to the point the van is about to flip.

Interesting. I just put the Tiger Paw AWP II on the Camry. The car feels fine when I've been in it. But to find another tire at roughly the same price point having a much better grip on the road--that is good to know.

I had uniroyal tiger paw economy tires, those were a lot worse. They would skid when going up ramps, skid every time when taking sharp turns, and just plain sucked. You won't experience skidding unless you are going 25-30 and taking a sharp turn to the point the van is about to flip.

I will probably only use yokohamas from now. I plan on getting a mk7 gli (finally a new jetta), get a set of wheels and test the summer tires.

FWIW, we have had good luck with our Yokohama Geolandar CV tires on the 2015 PathFinder since we bought it. We just put a new set on before last winter.

They are really good in snow and ice, and shed water very well.

Good reviews here. They are consistently $5-10/tire cheaper than the US-branded names after rebate in the sizes I shop for. If I get tired of playing the rebate game, or if the rebates disappear, I'll definitely pull the trigger.

On the odyssey I put on Yokohama touring tires a year ago. They are very quiet and overall great tires, even being fwd and going 80 down the highway, its very quiet. I will post photos of the tread later.
Looking at these I'm not sure I like the center rib without any siping but I'm also not sure how important that is. Are these what they look like.

Looking at these I'm not sure I like the center rib without any siping but I'm also not sure how important that is. Are these what they look like.

Yeah they are exact. Im pretty sure they put it in the middle to displace water through channels instead of dispersing it across the tire.

six months ago i put discount tire’s yokohama yk740gtx on my desert southwest 2014 toyota yaris l at 60k miles. these tires are worth every penny, much better than the uniroyal tiger paws that came on the yaris.

Back