1 question and some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Long time lurker here, I really enjoy reading you guys posts. But now I need some help. I have a 2005 toyota tacoma 1GR-FE engine. At 55,558 miles the crankshaft main bearings were wiped. I bought this truck used with 5200 miles on it. I changed the oil every 5k or so with PP OR M1 5-30. Whatever one was on sale. I became financialy embarassed so to save money in the last 3 oil changes I went from super tech full synth. To mobile clean 5000 on the last two changes. 2,170 miles into the second Mobile clean change was when the engine let loose. I can't believe it was a lubrication failure so what could it have been? I can't get any info from the dealership.(Toyota repaired under warranty) Next question, I took possesion of a 1982 delta 88 with a 307. 26,600 original miles. Pennzoil yb 10-40??? Thanks in advance.

wwillson

Staff member
Beerwolf, When the dealer did the repairs, did they say what they thought caused the main bearing failure? I find if very hard to believe, with the facts you've stated above, that this is an oil related failure. Wayne

Originally Posted By: beerwolf
I took possesion of a 1982 delta 88 with a 307. 26,600 original miles. Pennzoil yb 10-40??? Thanks in advance.
Man that`s one sweet car!!!!!!! I wish I had it! I`d just use some Valvoline dino 10W40 and an AC Delco oil filter. My family drove those cars when I was growing up. Awesome cars! Tell me about yours? Color,interior,options,etc. I can`t get over that mileage! It`s barely broken in

beerwolf

wwillson, Thanks for the reply. I have asked 3 times and he dodges the question. I can't believe they warrantied the engine. All I had was a log book and darn few reciepts.He said the engine was very clean, thats why they warrantied it with so few reciepts. I can't find anything about this engine failing.

beerwolf

aquariuscsm, white car, beige interior. power seats, windows. Malfunctioning cruise control and an am fm cassette deck,,,,yahoo!!! lol From what I gather, the fellow bought it new. Had a stroke and it sat for 14 years in his barn. He gave it to my aunt in TN who drove it to work 2 miles a day sometimes and never changed the oil. She gave it to my uncle where it sat for 2 years in his back yard. When my truck died my uncle gave it to me. It is somewhat weathered, I replaced all the belts and hoses. Tune up new fluids and it runs good, no horse power but it runs. Delta 88 royale so i got the purty little door emblems inside.

I sounds like the first 5,200 miles did some unknown damage, or you're just unlucky with a faulty oil pump or other part.

PT1

Originally Posted By: beerwolf
Next question, I took possesion of a 1982 delta 88 with a 307. 26,600 original miles. Pennzoil yb 10-40??? Thanks in advance.
Pennzoil YB 10w30 and you are good to go. Maybe 10w40 in the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.