1 million mile Corolla !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

He uses Group III Syntec!

Problem is, the Group III Syntec hasn't been on the market that long for his car to have used it for that length of time, unless he drives a lot of miles each day.

[ August 09, 2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

No biggie...my mom's 84 subaru went 350,000 miles on the orignial engine and transmission. It could have gone longer, but my mom wanted something newer. I still see it around town, so I may have to track down the owner someday soon.

I was not knocking the Corolla. The only point I was trying to make is that it is not their premium models. It is not fair to compare the cheapest car Toyota offers in N. America with GM's Technological flag ship the Corvette!

While Toyota build them well you can not even think that they but the same level of materials and attention to detail into a Corolla that goes into a Lexus or Avolon........This is not a flame on Corolla. Out of all the vechiles Toyota builds I belive the Corrolla usualy has the most problems per 100 built for Toyota excludeing new model releases. I really like Toyota but have to be objective. My family has owned the following Toyotas since 1971: Corona,Corolla,Tercell,Starlet, 4Runner, 4 Compact pickups 4x4 and 1 2WD, ! Tundra 4x4 and a Camry. I am pretty sure I have a handle of Toyota's strengths and weakness's.

So again I was not flameing the reliable little Corolla. I just think that if we are going to compare $40,000 Corvette or $18,000-$28,000 Camaro we should compare it to something closer to it's price range. Toyota nevers sacrifices durability but they do build to price point like everyone!

So I hope I did not offend anyone. I was not calling the Carolla a POS or anything like that. I like the Carolla and it is a heck of a bargin!

[ August 10, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
I was knocking the Corolla. The only point I was trying to make is that it is not their premium models. It is not fair to compare the cheapest car Toyota offers in N. America with GM's Technological flag ship the Corvette!

Thanks for making it clear for me ...
cheers.gif

quote:

Toyota nevers sacrifices durability but they do build to price point like everyone!

They have been part swapping with GM for several years now. I would hope that GM learns from them instead of the other way around.

quote:

Toyota nevers sacrifices durability but they do build to price point like everyone!

Never sacrifices durability? What about the thousands of sludge monster engines they built??

Has there been any evidence that the sludge problem was due to design inadequacy? I have maintained several newer Toyotas and have not seen the first sign of engine problems.

I'm guessing that the problem lies in recommending too long of a drain interval on too cheap of a oil. Mercedes has a similar issue on hand also. This could quite possibly be a case where the API donut isn't adequate and certainly doesn't set the standard.

I too haven't seen any well maintained sludge monsters. **** , around here, almost all cars that are abused have sludge. More lawyers are needed to sue ALL the automakers. FREE ENGINES FOR EVERYBODY
grin.gif

Million miles is alot. When I worked in sales, 1200 miles a week was normal. It would've taken 16 years for me to drive a million miles in one car if it wasn't wrecked or stolen. Oh, it said 1 Million KM. Thats no biggie
tongue.gif

quote:

Sorry should have read "I was not knocking the Corolla."

I typed that after getting back from a wedding reception so I might not have been completely sober!!!

Let this be a lesson for the kids, don't drink and post!
tongue.gif

I fixed it for you. Hope your hangover's not too bad though.
smile.gif

lol.gif
I agree! As you can see, the post was placed on Friday, so this tid-bit accounts for the mistaken mileage noted
banghead.gif
! Thanx Patman.

As an aside though, I thought about some of the facts for a while...are there any girls/ladies here that change their own oil? Anyone ever heard of this? Second, in order to go 1 mil. kms, in 14 years one would have to do 70,500 /year...or almost 6,000 / month....or 1500 km / week....or 300 km /day....for 14 years!!!! What is that....a gas tank fillup every 2nd day for 14 years!!!! Something fishy to me... What I'm trying to say is that from my driving habits, I could conceivably hit 1 mil. km...but in 32 years!!!...not 14. Odometer tampering in order to get a free vehicle?? Possible?

Patman,

Maybe we could have our own little safety campaign for the board...our first motto could be "Never toast, then post!"...or "Too much toasting could hose your posting."...or something
grin.gif

[ August 10, 2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Sorry should have read "I was not knocking the Corolla."

I typed that after getting back from a wedding reception so I might not have been completely sober!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back