1.55mm hex key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ever seen a 1.55mm allen/hex wrench? I have a nice, titanium limited edition pocket light which has a screw-on pocket clip... Which supposedly takes 1.55mm allen wrench, not 1.5 which would be a standard size. I have managed to use a torx driver to remove the screws but I don't want to mangle them putting it back on. Any thoughts? These are very small threads, although I do plan on heading up to the headware store and seeing if I can find some stainless replacements. Also best fastener material for threading into titanium, just stainless ok?

It sure sounds like someone converted values between units.

I just ran into this over the weekend. My wife bought a piece of furniture that had been returned. Only problem was - no hardware was included. The instructions did include what was used. It was an interesting mixture of units, such as

5/16" x 19 and 5/16 x 22 washers ? Hole size in inches but the O.D. in millimeters ? It also called for (24) wood screws: 10mm x 1-1/4". Ever seen a 10mm wood screw ? It's bigger than 3/8" and that's a pretty big screw ! I ended up using #10, not 10mm, screws that were perfect for what they were used for.

Where I worked for yeas we had an extruder that took inch bolts, metric bolts and British standard bolts. What a PTA. Our tool cabinet to service this thing looked like a museum of tools.

Well, I used the 1/16" on one and a T7 on the other screw. If I ever have to r&r this again I'll have to figure out the thread dimensions and just go for replacements.

Originally Posted by buck91
Well, I used the 1/16" on one and a T7 on the other screw. If I ever have to r&r this again I'll have to figure out the thread dimensions and just go for replacements.

Pics?

Well, they are just tiny little screws with a "special" 1.5mm allen wrench (per the instructions). Looks like a normal, tiny little button head screw. Maybe 2mmX2mm thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back