1/4" drive bit adapters

That Gedore adapter uses a retention clip instead of a magnet. Impact bits can get hung up on this clip, because they do not conform to DIN 3126-C6.3

This type will fit with no hangups:

Last edited:
The reason I posted the Mac ratchets is because every singe time I've needed a ratcheting bit adapter, a ratchet with a bit holder would be too tall.

I've got the Snappy version although it's 3/8" to 1/4" hex. I can't easily make out the part # (or find it online) but it looks like CTPBS8
20230126_143754.jpg

This would be the Apex version if anybody is looking for aerospace quality with very close tolerances.

Also available in 3/8 drive.

What’s the matter with putting a 1/4” hex end bit in a standard 6pt 1/4” socket? I’ve done that tons with no issues.

I have a Husky ratcheting bit driver, one of my favorite little tools. Kind of like that Mac one above. But thinner and smaller and very tough. They haven’t sold them for 15 years though.

What’s the matter with putting a 1/4” hex end bit in a standard 6pt 1/4” socket? I’ve done that tons with no issues.

I have a Husky ratcheting bit driver, one of my favorite little tools. Kind of like that Mac one above. But thinner and smaller and very tough. They haven’t sold them for 15 years though.
No magnet or method for ball/clip retention, but there are ways to work around that if ya want

Got the snap on one works very well. I will have to look at the PN at work tomorrow am as it’s not easy to find on the web site I don’t think

It could be this one that’s on BO: TMBS8A

Back