1 12 ton truck

I was following a truck on a narrow country road. Every few minutes the truck would stop and the driver would beat the side of the truck with a shovel. I finally asked him what he was doing. He replied "I have a 1 1/2 ton truck and 3 tons of canaries. I have to keep half of them in the air!"

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Does not work. The downdraft created by the birds flying keeps the load about the same all the time. It's physics. Hard to beat. Birds in a truck.
You do realize this is a joke, right (humor section)?

Well I hadn't heard the joke before, it gave me a chuckle. Then I got to thinking... how much DOES a canary weight? Via Internet, it seems they weigh about 0.5 to 1 ounce. Let's call them big canaries: 1 oz. 3 tons = 96000 canaries. That's a lot of canaries. smile

Last edited:
You think that is bad; last winter, 400 ducks slept on the pond in my back yard. Overnight the temp went down to -25°F. The birds were frozen in the pond. When they flew away, they took the pond with them.

Well, you have to know these things when you are a king, you know.
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: Shannow
African or European swallow ?
I don't knowoooooooooooo...

redbone3

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Does not work. The downdraft created by the birds flying keeps the load about the same all the time. It's physics. Hard to beat. Birds in a truck.
You do realize this is a joke, right (humor section)?
I can beat the physics: The bed of the truck is made out of chicken wire. Downdraft goes right on through!