$1.00 MC Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
While picking up commodities this morning I noticed a few tables with misc. items on them for sale. This FL-400S was a great deal for $1.00.
thumbsup2.gif

3523r87.jpg

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
You could easily run that for 2 or 3 5000 mile OCIs.

Hehe. I see what you did there
laugh.gif

Its all in fun. Exceptional deal though. I would have bought all they had. I am giving the fl400s a try this winter for my short 5w30 PYB OCI.

I've used that exact filter for 12 years and 150k miles. Always works and has pretty much been $4 for that entire time.

You could easily run that for 2 or 3 5000 a 3K mile OCI.

I fixed it for you.
grin.gif

Me and my disabled friend get commodities once a month from our church. They usually sell misc. items like, clothes, linens, shoes, etc. I guess someone didn't need the oil filter and I got lucky.
thumbsup2.gif

You could easily run that for 2 or 3 5000 mile OCIs.

Now that's a good one here! And we all know BOF agrees wholeheartedly.
56.gif

Nice find.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
You could easily run that for 2 or 3 5000 a 3K mile OCI.

I fixed it for you.
grin.gif

Me and my disabled friend get commodities once a month from our church. They usually sell misc. items like, clothes, linens, shoes, etc. I guess someone didn't need the oil filter and I got lucky.
thumbsup2.gif

I went to a pawn shop a few years back and they had a small area just for oil filters. They were mostly budget filters, but heck, the prices sure beat WM. I would just be worried about their age and how they were stored. ie moisture.

Several years ago, I had some Quaker State oil filters that I no longer needed because I got rid of the car that they were used on. My company had a bulletin board area and I put some masking tape on the filter boxes that had written "Free to a good home" on them and I set them by the bulletin board. I was on my way to my office and I put some belongings on my desk, then went back to that area to use the restroom, probably taking no longer than 45 seconds. In that small amount of time, they were gone, probably thanks to the easily recognizeable numbers that are the same as Fram. Hopefully, somebody could use them on their vehicle instead of flipping them for some instant cash.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I've used that exact filter for 12 years and 150k miles.

Yikes! No wonder it was only $1!

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I've used that exact filter for 12 years and 150k miles.

Yikes! No wonder it was only $1!

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back