0w30 or 5w30 or 0w40 in 2.0 ecoboost

I recently bought a 2020 ford edge with a 2.0 ecoboost. I’ve changed the oil with mobil1 5w30 a couple of times and switched to mobil1 0w30 for winter.

The owners manual shows this chart:
View attachment 138794
As shown, the 0w30 handles the cold better but I’m surprised that it handles the heat to 104 like the 5w30.

Can I assume from this that 0w30 is ok to use all year, driving from Boston to Houston?

Would 0w40 be a better choice in summer in Houston?

I shouldn’t have read the owners manual because then I wouldn’t be confused/concerned. Advise is appreciated!
They're both 30 weight? Why would there be a difference?

^^^ I like QSFS - it’s in signature now. But that one has no OEM approvals ? ^^^
1675612923328.jpg

I like it when people say "use what the manufacturer recommends"

Ford recommends anything from 0W-16 to 5W-50 for their GTDI engines. One example is the 2.3L EcoBoost. 5W-30 up to 5W-50 year round depending on what vehicle it is. Nothing inherently different about "tight tolerances" and the such that people like to cite. Only difference is maybe the size of the turbo and whether it is a "performance" vehicle. The Focus RS is driven year-round and uses 5W-50.

Same Focus RS in Europe has Ford recommending 0W-40. There's even a Ford spec that basically calls this out. The Focus RS sold in the US is made in Germany as well, but in the US Ford says to use 5W-50.

Back