0w20 or 5w20 for 2019 Toyota Tacoma 3.5L?

There's a statement in the Toyota OM that basically says if the vehicle is used to haul and drive at higher speeds that a thicker oil is acceptable than the recommended. I'd be putting a full synthetic 5W-30 in it if it was my Taco.
Which really gets back to the fact that grade listings in owner's manuals are a recommendation and not a requirement. Caveat being that if an inappropriate grade damages the engine then that's the user's fault, but no engine is going to be damaged by a higher grade than the recommended one(s). It may be damaged by a lower grade however. MOFT always wins.

People on here like to say that certain grades are "allowed" or that it's a warranty requirement which isn't supported by any statement in the warranty information except what I noted above. Once you know the genesis of the wording in the manuals it makes sense why they say it the way they do. It's not predicated on a technical or mechanical requirement.

Which really gets back to the fact that grade listings in owner's manuals are a recommendation and not a requirement.
I don't recall ever seeing any OM specifically say that if a certain viscosity isn't used that the warranty is void. The viscosity in OMs has always been called out as "recommend" instead of "required" in every OM I've seen.

Back