0w20 Article for use in Hot Climates

Lmao. Article supposedly from ENEOS, yet it calls it "Zero weight oil".

More garbage articles by automated aggregators. This is a good one too:

One important reason 0W oils were created was for hybrid engines. A hybrid engine operates through a constant cycle of starts and stops, depending on driving conditions, which leads to constant heating and then cooling of the engine. During these cycles, if the oil had to reach operating temperature to be at full fuel efficiency, only to cool back down when the engine cycles off, the optimum fuel-efficient viscosity could never be maintained and fuel economy would suffer. For this reason, car manufacturers needed an oil that was at optimal operating viscosity right at startup. That’s why many hybrids call for 0W oils in their specifications, although they also provide benefits for many other vehicles.
Double LOL.

0W-20, for example, is rated at 104°F (40°C) for external temperatures, and 212°F (100°C) for internal engine temperatures.
Haha.

I read the article as well. It’s self contradictory.

Calling the oil “optimal viscosity at start up” when their own graph shows it well above optimal viscosity at start up, for example.

I’m not sure that this marketing puff-piece by Eneos has a place in serious discussion.

This article was sponsored by ENEOS. To learn more, please visit www.eneos.com.
cat-facepalm.gif

I knew you guys would get a laugh from it, junk infomation.

You would think Eneos would know what they are tagging their name to.

No clue how much they spent but I'd say ENEOS didn't get their money's worth.

So many of these automated "articles" out there, I swear some of them aren't even human reviewed.

I knew you guys would get a laugh from it, junk infomation.
The article is not intended for human consumption, it's intended to drive traffic to Aftermarket News. Google indexes this nonsense and then people searching for actual information on lubricants are guided to their website. When they get there they see whatever the website has to sell. In this case, it's an advert for Eneos.

Having a blog with active content that gets published on a regular basis is the easiest and least expensive way to climb up in Google rankings and become a top search result on the first Google search results page. That's because Google will only spend so much computing power for their AI algorithm to decipher the content and verify if it makes sense before it moves on to the next website. Also, there is the problem that AI still has with placing content inside context. So yes, there is that.

You would think Eneos would know what they are tagging their name to.
Lubricant blenders and manufacturers don't have very good marketing teams, neither do they want to spend a lot of money on it. That's because all that most consumers want to do is take care of their vehicle by choosing the right product that fits their budget. They want to do right by their means of transportation as long as it doesn't cost them too much. Most consumers want to spend about as much time thinking about lubrication as I want to spend doing landscaping.

In this particular case, Eneos just wanted to get their name in front of whoever landed on that page. That's it, don't overthink it. There is nothing else to it, no mater how junk the content is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back