0W-40 Syntec????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there such a thing as 0W-40 Syntec? If yes, is it made/blended in the USA or Europe?

Reason I ask is I visited my local AZ today, (just to see what they had in stock). All they had in the 0W-30 was one bottle of old (made in 2001) and two bottles of GC Gold (made in 2006).
The manager of the store told me that they had some "0W-40 made in Germany" a few days ago, but all sold out. Now, I know that the personnel that work in AZ normally don't know what they are talking about, so I'm asking here if anyone knows anything about 0W-40 and if so, where is it made.

BTW, someone must be raiding my local AZ, because about ten days ago, they had a large supply of GC Gold in both the normal bottles, and in the "square" and now it is all gone. Also ten days ago, that one bottle of Old 0W-30, made in 2001 was sitting in front of all the newer bottles, and it is still sitting in front of the two 2006 bottles.

Bob

01 GoldWing
02 Continental
03 Marauder

There is no Castrol Syntec 0W-40 listed on the Castrol USA site. I do see a "Castrol Edge 0W-40" available in the U.K. (and likely other parts of Europe as well).

So, either your AZ carries this oil (I highly doubt it), or the manager was thinking about Mobil 1 0W-40, or he was thinking about the Castrol Syntec 5W-40 which used to be made in Belgium (and has been referred to as "BC" here on BITOG), but is now made in the U.S., IIRC.

They were almost certainly mistaken. I had an Autozone guy tell me they had sold out of all the Castrol 0W-40 they had...turns out it was actually M1.

ohh, new stuff, cool.
Do you know what the Euro equilavent is?
Longtec? Softec? etc?
Is it Grp III? Grp IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back