09 sonata with 45k on OEM hankook what new tire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my wifes car has the OEM tires with 45k. The tires have lasted a long time for OEM but I'm thinking of replacing with Goodyear comfortred touring. Anyone have experiance with these? I also don't know if I should push these tires till they are bald or just switch now? Since its my wifes car and we are driving to Nebraska for thanksgiving I think I'll change them this weekend. Do you guys push till bald or at what tred depth do you change?

According to my research online about tires, I find that the goodyear comfortred are very good tires. The only reason I didn't go with them is because they were out of my price range.

To answer your question of pushing the tires to baldness or change 'em when they get to the "marker," I prefer to play it safe and change it before baldness sets in. My way of thinking is, my cargo is too precious to push tires to baldness just to save a few dollars.

thats true and I'd hate to have my wife stranded on the side of the road or be late for delayed getting in for thanksgiving

My co-worker has about 40k on her ComforTred Tourings and they are close to done. Mostly highway miles, but on Hwy 1. But this was on a CRV.

My wifes 01 Sonata came with Michelin that were replaced at 50K with Goodyear Comfort Treds. Very bad descision and I did my research first. They were worn out at 83K and I did balancing, rotating, and alignment. Got ZERO adjustment on them. Went with Hankooks from Discount tire and at 126K they still have lots of tred left. Goodyears were expensive and adjustment issue really ticked me off.......Goodyear dealer sucked big time.

Last edited:
how wore out were they? the goodyear site shows 70000 and 80000 mileage warranties.

Originally Posted By: Rand
how wore out were they? the goodyear site shows 70000 and 80000 mileage warranties.

Down to the wear bars. Those 70K and 80K warrantees are a joke - read the fine print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back