'09 Pontiac G8 - Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
However just because they have canceled the Pontiac brand doesn't mean the Holden with the LSX V8 is no more. The Chevrolet brand will be around. They could bring in the V8 Holden as a Impala SS. (The Chevy Camaro is actually based on teh Holden platform.) Just as the Camaro is offered with a 305 HP V6 or a LS series V8, GM could offer both V6 and V8 in a Chevrolet Impala four door body.

The Holden Commodore is already sold in the middle east as a LHD Chevrolet Lumina.

All of GM's public statements (if they can be believed) are that the Commodore / Pontiac G8 will not be rebadged and sold again in North America.

Anyone who wants a Holden should buy one now. They are being blown out at fire sale prices and won't last much longer.

I went to the factory that makes the rear suspension spindles for them all some months ago...they also make the machines that drill and test the pilots in most power steering systems, and molds for the boeing super jumbo thing.

If the other Holden suppliers are even 10% as good, then it's a good car.

Interestingly, the US being so far from OZ, you got the cars cheaper than Aussies do.

There's also 4WD wagons, Utes, Crew Cab (5 seat) utes, and 4WD Crew Cab utes...was a 4WD Monaro (GTO) at one stage.

I reckon that they all would have sold well over there.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Wait a minute, could this someday be a replacement.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/01/2010_Buick_LaCrosse_TOP.jpg

The 2010 LaCrosse is FWD and build on the Epsilon II platform, also shared by the Opel Insignia. The G8 is RWD and based on a Holden platform from Australia.

GM has the Sigma and Sigma II RWD platforms that are produced here in the US and now used exclusively by Cadillac. I don't know why they felt the need to go to Australia for the RWD platform for the G8. I suspect any future RWD cars from Buick will probably be based on the Sigma or Sigma II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back