09 Honda CRV Trans fluid leak (2.4)

Taking a complete flyer here. I was doing some AC work (doing is a bit of a stretch - losing tools and getting sunburned is a better description), and it seems that I have a growing transmission leak.

It appears to be coming from the front, but there does not appear to be a "pan" with a gasket. (I could be reading the diagram wrong).

Is it possible to have a leak at the trans fill tube? I'm grasping at what would be higher up on the engine that could be leaking trans fluid. It appears to be flowing down the front of the trans "case" and spreading back (driver side). It's annoying, this thing is starting to make a mess. (It started as a few drips, but is getting worse).

Any ideas where to look would be helpful.

Thx.

IMO, you will need to remove as many under hood parts as possible from up top including e.g., the battery & tray in order to look downward(at the top of the tranny). IDK, maybe the battery is on the other side of the tranny in your CR-V but, you get my meaning.

There is so much stuff in the way of your view from above that it is impossible to see properly. It could be something as simple as the vent(bobble head) that sits atop the tranny or the dipstick tube O-ring(as you mentioned). But, you need to remove enough stuff in order to see what's going on.

Taking a complete flyer here. I was doing some AC work (doing is a bit of a stretch - losing tools and getting sunburned is a better description), and it seems that I have a growing transmission leak.

It appears to be coming from the front, but there does not appear to be a "pan" with a gasket. (I could be reading the diagram wrong).

Is it possible to have a leak at the trans fill tube? I'm grasping at what would be higher up on the engine that could be leaking trans fluid. It appears to be flowing down the front of the trans "case" and spreading back (driver side). It's annoying, this thing is starting to make a mess. (It started as a few drips, but is getting worse).

Any ideas where to look would be helpful.

Thx.
Did you check the trans cooler lines going to the radiator? Also, I believe your CRV has a inline filter along one of the cooler lines, so you might check that. Make sure the dip stick is inserted all the way as it has a rubber seal near the handle.

Good points. I was able to look at one side of the cooler (the one with the filter), from underneath and no leak there. I will have to dig around to look at the other side.

The metal battery tray (the support under the battery) does seem to block everything I need to see. Maybe I can get in there with a mirror or something.

Back