09 CRV Heater Blend Door (Driver side) - another heat issue

Random ask for assistance - in case anyone has run into this.

I have lost heat on the driver side only.

The Honda part is $150+, and apparently back-ordered. (The part has been grinding for a while, so I'm just changing the part).

I bought something from Rock auto, but it appears that I need to transfer over the bracket assembly. (There are 3 actuators, and my local parts places don't differentiate between the 3 - very frustrating because they all look very similar as they come without the bracket assembly).

Anyone have any experience with this - I am hoping the bracket just swaps over and I move on. (It seems to only apply to a few Civic models and the CRV - which may explain the lack of parts or youtube videos.)

Thanks....

Last edited:
Have you looked at the part numbers for the 3 actuators? Sometimes they're physically the same part.

All three have different Honda / OEM numbers, so I'm thinking they are different parts. The aftermarket parts sometimes have descriptors like driver, passenger (sometimes called recirc), and mode. Supposedly the driver side part handles the 2 zone heat according to the service manual.

Have you opened the panel?

as a stop gap, remove the old part (keep all screws and brackets), get some string, tie the string onto the lever and gently open the air flap that brings in the hot air. lots of youtube videos.

part number depends on whether you have separate passenger HVAC temp knob.

source: had the same issue on my old Accord.

and wow, part did not cost $150 when mine failed.

as a stop gap, remove the old part (keep all screws and brackets), get some string, tie the string onto the lever and gently open the air flap that brings in the hot air. lots of youtube videos.
This sort of workaround for a failed blend-air door was commonly used on Ford Windstars.

Apparently the correct repair (replacement of the broken part) involved removing the dash, was very labour-intensive, and therefore very expensive.

My 2007 Ridgeline recently stopped throwing heat to the floor. Now I make do with the upper air vents. Not worth the hassle to repair it. Other than the springs on the two rear seat legs (now held in place by bungee cords), a sagging headliner and a front drive axle, this is the only thing that's gone bad in 16 years.

Last edited:
It took some finagling, but it seems to work. The plastic bracket wouldn't slip out, and I broke the plastic tab.

I had to drill out some of the plastic, but it seems to fit ok. It probably won't last long term. I have not tried dual zone yet, but I have heat.

Back