08 Yamaha R6..Rotella or Amsoil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Travis99LS1
hey guys i drained the yamalube and got some rotella 15w40 at walmart..i put about 75 miles on the bike today and the shifting felt good again..im still gonna try the amsoil at about 1500 miles to see how that is but man its sure nice to get 2 oil changes worth of oil for 12 bucks

amsoil makes a fine cycle oil, just dont waste it with 2000 mile drain intervals, go 4K plus

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
hey guys i drained the yamalube and got some rotella 15w40 at walmart..i put about 75 miles on the bike today and the shifting felt good again..im still gonna try the amsoil at about 1500 miles to see how that is but man its sure nice to get 2 oil changes worth of oil for 12 bucks

amsoil makes a fine cycle oil, just dont waste it with 2000 mile drain intervals, go 4K plus

What HE said.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
well if the latest report (ie cbr600) shows anything. then a 1000mile oci is what you SHOULD be using with mcf 10w40!

IF you have a fuel issue and an intake issue, perhaps.

On my FZR, I use to use nothing but Yamalube when I could get it from a local dealer for $2.50/qt. When the price jumped up, I switched to Rotella 15W-40. Never had any problems nor have I noticed any difference. I do my oil changes once a year... at the end of the riding season, but I don't put alot of miles on each year (about 2-3k).

well i'm glad that so many people use rotella with no ill effects at all..like i said..i used it in my 250F for years with no problems at all, but none of my freinds use rotella in there bikes..Unfortunately if i want to do my own maintenance on my bike i have to document each oil change and save the receipts incase i have any problems within the first year..so i'm kinda stuck using a motorcycle oil for the first year which is why i'm gonna use the Amsoil..After my 1year warranty is up i may switch back to the Rotella.

Amsoil MC oil is available from my dealer for about $11 a qt! I find it odd that Yamaha recommends a 20W40 but the dealer only carries Yamalube in 10W40. What's up with that? I'll probably stick with a MC oil for the first year and then go with Amsoil for 4k oci's or Rotella for less. Not meaning to hijack or anything, just new at this as well. We'll see.

dang man 11 a qt is pretty pricey..i can get amsoil at my dealer for like 8.95..which i know is still a lot but its pretty cheap compared to some of the other motorcycle oils they sell..Man i saw some Motorex 5w40 synthetic..it was 17 bucks a quart, and they only had 1 qt left so i guess people are actually buying that stuff..not for me ill definately pass on that stuff

Man i saw some Motorex 5w40 synthetic..it was 17 bucks a quart, and they only had 1 qt left so i guess people are actually buying that stuff..not for me ill definately pass on that stuff

and probably dumping it well before the oil is used up!

Hmmmm...Rotella has my interest now.....seems like a better deal that the almost 5 dollars a quart for Honda GN4

Goose
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back