07 pontiac torrent clogged heater core

Has lukewarm heat at best,it had none until I flushed the heater core.I have tsp substitute in it now hoping it will help.In the past I have used dishwasher magic but it's liquid now and not the same formula.Anyone use anything that would work better possibly?

Use Citric acid, disconnect the hoses from the engine not the core, blow it out and fill with 1/2lb powder dissolved in boiling water. Clamp off the hose on one end and fill through the other then using a cable tie hold the hose up. Leave it for an hour then back flush it.

Certain years of Hondas had a problem with there heater cores due to a bad lining design. The fix was a setup that used a pump, a heater, a bucket to hold a large bottle or two of CLR, and the hoses to connect it to the heater core. The hot CLR has to be pumped through the heater-core for 4 to 6 hours. But it did work.

Use Citric acid, disconnect the hoses from the engine not the core, blow it out and fill with 1/2lb powder dissolved in boiling water. Clamp off the hose on one end and fill through the other then using a cable tie hold the hose up. Leave it for an hour then back flush it.he dishwasher magic used to be 75% citric acid powder but now it's lquid and not the same

Where can I buy it locally. That's why I was using the dishwasher magic years ago.I couldnt edit my last post apparently my phone did it automatically lol.

Is this it ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-134511.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-134511.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 30
Back