07 Nissan Altima Tire Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I have an 07 Nissan Altima that is in need of new tires. The woman drives this vehicle and she likes to play race car driver from time to time!
laugh.gif
We are in Wisconsin so I need a good all weather tire that handles great in snow as well as rain and dry weather.

The car still has the factory tires and have lasted well over 50,000 miles. In the past I have really loved the GoodYear assurance tires with the tripletread. I am always open to suggestions and other manufacturers to look at. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I'd read the Tire Rack tire tests, they're very objective and offer good data.

If you like something performance-oriented, the Bridgestone RE960 A/S seems to consistently do well on Tire Rack's tests and is well-liked by the consumer reviewers.

Originally Posted By: joe_it
Hello Everyone,

I have an 07 Nissan Altima that is in need of new tires. The woman drives this vehicle and she likes to play race car driver from time to time!
laugh.gif
We are in Wisconsin so I need a good all weather tire that handles great in snow as well as rain and dry weather.

The car still has the factory tires and have lasted well over 50,000 miles. In the past I have really loved the GoodYear assurance tires with the tripletread. I am always open to suggestions and other manufacturers to look at. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

try the already legendary Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Pirelli P4's, I put them on the wifey's 06 Corolla and they are working well.

I actually have these P4's(love'em) for my '04 Altima 2.5S 4 cyl and only use'em for the winter time in the stock size with the steel wheels & covers, 205-65-16,(not 215-60-16) which Nissan started using as standard in '05-present. The V6's use 215-55-17 on all years from '02-present. But, I use in the summer only, 225-55-17 Good/Year Eagle LS(they're only OK) as recomended/allowable by DTD.

Joe_IT,
Anyway! You didn't mention wheather it's a 4cyl or V6...These Altima's handle very well all on their own so picking a tire can be difficult. You/she'll want to keep the good handling that this car has while allowing a tolerable ride with good winter traction. The "DWS" can be a great choice and I have read good things with the "NEW" Tripple Treads.

There are lot's of good choices of all-season tires that do well in foul weather and have very good hydroplaning resistance and snow traction. If you have as good of snow removal in your area as we do in my area then, a good A/S tire will be enough.

Good Luck and keep us posted
smile.gif

Last edited:
I'd go with the conti DWS.. the bridgestone re960 tires are very nice but not great in the snow. Which was listed as part of the criteria.

Last edited:
In the past I have really loved the GoodYear assurance tires with the tripletread.
Joe

I used to own an '07 Altima 2.5S with the 6 speed manual transmission. I always thought it was a poor car in the snow, until I installed the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred tires on it, and then it had an amazingly positive transformation.

I say stick with those if you're already happy with them.
The new versions are supposedly even better than the originals.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
In the past I have really loved the GoodYear assurance tires with the tripletread.
Joe

I used to own an '07 Altima 2.5S with the 6 speed manual transmission. I always thought it was a poor car in the snow, until I installed the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred tires on it, and then it had an amazingly positive transformation.

I say stick with those if you're already happy with them.
The new versions are supposedly even better than the originals.

BC.

I agree whith that statememt. I always tell people that "if you like soemthing, stay with it"! Tires are one example.

My '04 Altima 2.5S was poor in the snow with the OE ContiTouringContact and then I installed P4's...WOW, what a difference!

I have read that, both the TrippleTreads and the P4's become loud over time but, I have had this experience. Still, both are high scoring tires in their catigory.

I'll be reinstalling the P4's this weekend for their upcoming 4th winter. Folks(not in my circle) think it's strange that I am using just an all-season tire for my "winter" tire but, these work quite well.

Last edited:
Nice to hear your good experience with Goodyear Tripletreads. Mirrors my own on a Volvo S60. Very nice price for a high mileage tire. Excellent wet traction. I was a little concerned about noise but we put 40k miles on them before selling the care and they were still relatively quiet. Much quieter than the OE Contis that the car came with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back