07 Lexus LS460, 4,200 miles, 57,200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sample is Mobil 1 0w20 AFE. Changed to Castrol Syntec W/Titanium 0w20 for this run. Will re-sample in the spring to compare.

Code:
OIL Mobil1 0w20

MILES IN USE 4.2k

MILES 57,200k

SAMPLE TAKEN 9/23/11

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 7

COPPER 2

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 131

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 56

SILICON 8

SODIUM 3

CALCIUM 1228

MAGNESIUM 415

PHOSPHORUS 586

ZINC 735

BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.3

WATER 0.0

FLASHPOINT ºF 385

SUS VIS 210ºF 51.8

cSt @ 212ºF 7.83

Last edited by a moderator:
Wear metals are low and so is silicon and insoluble, you can easily double the OCI to 7-8k miles or a little longer to 10k miles.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Wear metals are low and so is silicon and insoluble, you can easily double the OCI to 7-8k miles or a little longer to 10k miles.

I agree with you most of the time HTSS_TR, but I don't know if we can extrapolate (from the data we have) to run a 10k OCI yet. I will say however, this appears to be a great oil and though it got bashed a little in the beginning for the lower additive levels, M1 AFE appears to be a very complex and effective lube. I would extend the OCI by 2k and go from there if you are interested in longer OCI's.

Since you have the Edge FST in go ahead run it longer, you have a healthy engine so if you run the FST out to 6k, you know you have an oil that will handle at least that. Chip in the extra $10 for a TBN next UOA and who knows you may want to stay with the Edge.

This is only if you want to get your money's worth.

Thanks for posting! Great run!

My 18 years old 260+k miles LS400 had/have 1 year/12-14k miles with syn oil without any oil related engine problems. It uses 1/2 quarts every 3-4k miles since new and still does today. When it had dino, the OCI was reduced 1/2 to 6mo/6-7k miles.

Toyota V8 engines seem to be easy on oil. Synthetic oil in a Toyota V8 for 8-10k miles is easy.

My LS400 had some minor repairs over the year: alternator, power steering pump, O2 sensors, water pump, timing belt, fan belt, upper radiator hose, heater hoses ... Some of those repairs can be categorized as maintenance, but nothing had been done to the engine except spark plugs had been changed twice, spark plug wires are original.

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure the 9.1 qts it holds is a benefit too.

I'm going to run this oil at least to 7500 miles (hard for me- I'm OCD with this stuff). Will re-sample at that time for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back