07 GMC Sierra 1500 oil pressure

Hey guys

I recently had the dealership change afm pressure relief in the oil pan due to low oil pressure and it fixed it and now 4,000 later The oil pressure in my opinion is lower then it was at 40 at cold start this morning and used to be about 45 psi at a cold start and now at warm to temp engine it is 33, 34, 35 Psi at 2,000 rpms and can get it up to 40 if I step on it about 3500 rpms And I have about 3,000 miles on the oil and used conventional Mobil 1. I do not know If that considered normal for an engine with 125,000 on it. I was going to drop oil pan and replace O ring and replace oil pressure sensor Before to see if that makes a difference before dropping pan Or do you think this is normal pressure and should not worry about it.

Thanks Jacob

I've got a 2007 avalanche with a 5.3 vortec and afm. It's always 40PSI cold startand at 2k rpms is usually about 55.

Mine has 200k on it and the pressures have pretty much always looked like that.

I've heard the dipstick oring can go bad and cause pressure issues on these engines.

I've got a 2007 avalanche with a 5.3 vortec and afm. It's always 40PSI cold startand at 2k rpms is usually about 55.

Mine has 200k on it and the pressures have pretty much always looked like that.

I've heard the dipstick oring can go bad and cause pressure issues on these engines.
What’s your warm up to tempature pressure at 2000 rpms? Is it 55 or it that cold?

12 psi seems a bit low but if they say 10 psi is still normal don't worry. How do you know your oil pressure sensor and gauge are dead-nuts accurate and precise?

Sending units, screens below the sending units and oil pump pick up tube orings are all common failures, but I would have hoped that they replaced the pick up tube oring when the pan was off!

Back