07 GMC Sierra 1500 Belt Sqeal

Hi

I have a 07 gmc sierra 1500, this morning I started truck and it started squealing which it never did the day before but it did a lot colder that night 25 degrees it eventually went away at idle but as soon as I accelerated you could hear it in cab. the belt is new, tensioners new, water pump is new a couple days ago and it’s not leaking at all and dry and coolant level is still the same as when replaced and temp is good. I did notice when I replaced the water pump the power steering pump pulley had a little play in it and pulley sounded not normal but could that sqeal like this? sounds like a belt that needs to be replaced. The AC belt is new and tensioners are new

any advice?
if power steering pump needs replaced is there a step my step manual I can read?

I would try and isolate the noise, its likely the pump. You might try checking the fluid and replacing the existing fluid with some synthetic fluid. I had good luck with my 2005 using Dex VI ATF. A few minutes of your time and a qt of new fluid might solve the problem. The simple way to do the fluid is to use a turkey baster or suction device to remove fluid from the reservoir, then refill it with fresh and run the engine for a minute or 2. Repeat the process and then top it off. That should be enough to determine if the new fluid will stop the squealing. Cold weather always brings out the squeaks and squeals.

I have posted this numerous times on here over the years. If it is the belt, put a small amount of SILICONE grease on the RIBBED side of the belt at four or five locations. Turn the engine on. Then let it idle for a short time afterwards. I have used this on many noisy belts, new and used, and find it works great. Lasts a long time too. I solved a squeaky belt problem this way on a Chrysler vanwhere the owner had put on several belts, all of which were noisy. This stopped it and the noise never returned.

Power Steering Pump Pulley endplay is perfectly normal, But it shouldn't make any noise rotating it by hand.

The Pulley should set flush with the PS Pump Shaft, Improper Pulley positioning during service is quite common.

What brand belt are you using? Is it the proper length?....The Tensioner has marks to identify a belt that's the wrong length. You didn't mention changing the Idler Pulley?

Harmonic Balancer failure isn't very common but it does happen & allows the outside of the Balancer to walk.

Replacing the PS Pump requires the Pulley to pulled & pressed back on via a special tool, KD Tools KDT2897 is decent enough, Use the 3/8-16 threaded adaptor to press it back on.

Once you get the Pulley off, Remove the 15mm headed bolt PS Pump Brace Bolt on the side of the engine block (Right below the Coolant Temp Sensor.
Remove the Return hose of the PS Pump Reservoir.
Remove the High Pressure PS Hose from the back of the Pump using a 5/8" or 16mm Wrench (Replace the O-ring before reinstallation).
Remove the Alternator, Unhook the Regulator Connector but leave Charge Cable on.....Sit the Alternator aside. (Assuming this is a GMT900 & not a GMT800 Classic?)
Remove the 4 15mm Headed Bracket Bolts, And lift the Bracket & PS Pump out togeather.
Remove the 3 15mm Headed Bolts securing the Pump to the Bracket.
Remove the 2 15mm Headed Nuts securing the Pump Brace to the back of the Pump.

GM part# 20756714 is the Pump you need, When sold as under GM Performance Parts.....It's quite a bit cheaper.

Back