07 chrysler 300c srt8/ 4437 mi/ Amsoil 5w40 DEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sample of Amsoil 5w40 diesal. It has been abused for 4500 miles. Tons of weekend road coarse events, numerous drag events and countless top speed runs (personal record 179.1mph). During one drag event I got over 30 quarter mile passes. I live in New York City and have lots of stop and go driving which includes short trips. Copper levels are a bit high but I believe it's due to the motor being fairly new and stil breaking in.

Sample date - 12-29-07

miles on oil - 4437
miles on car - 6939

iron - 26
chromium - 0
lead - 0
copper - 186
tin - 0
aluminum - 2
nickel - 0
silver - 0
silicon - 10
boron -13
sodium - 4
magnesium - 11
calcium - 2988
barium - 0
phosphorus - 1118
zinc - 1346
molybdenum - 6
titanium - 0
vanadium - 0
potassium - 0
fuel (%vol) VIS @ 40C cSt - n/a
VIS @ 100C cSt - 12.83
water(%vol) 0
soot/solids(%wt) - n/a
coolant - 0

TBN - 4.09
OXID - 11.0
NITR -14.0

ANALYSIS RECOMMENDATIONS

Note: Copper levels is high. Possibly from normal engine break in. No corrective action required. Oil is suitable for continued use. Resample at next regular interval.

Looks great. I'm just curious as to why you chose this oil? TBN shows a lot of life left. I'd double the interval.

It did shear a bit though. 15.3 to 12.8.

One of the only DEO UOA's in a gas engine posted. Yeah I sweated the Cu at first too, then I realized these engines are high copper specials out of the factory. Not sure why. But the Cu will drop off in an OCI or three.

Additive levels look good - honestly this looks like a good oil for many gas engines, even though the starting TBN is a bit low.

Buster - I recommended it for this engine.

Given the total engine milage, the miles on the oil and the useage, I think this is an incredible report! Are you going to stick with this oil? I agree with Pablo, the copper and other metals will trend down over the next few oci's and this could be a match made in heaven!

Thanks for posting,

REDDOG

Of course I'm sticking with this oil. I'm more than pleased with the results. Thanks again Pablo for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back