07 Accord 2500rpm shudder

Haven't watched the video but I had the same described issues when my vtec oil pressure switch went bad. It disables variable valve timing at mid 2000 rpm and it feels like you're hitting a rev limiter. Most people replace the entire vtec spook valve I think you call it. I just replaced the oil pressure switch. But as others have mentioned, it is normal for these to burn oil and stretch timing chains. I only got a fault for cam crank out of time when my timing chain stretched, no noticeable drivability issues.

I'm going to wager the car has been subjected to long oil change intervals, and perhaps allowed to run low. VTEC screens - you'll have two on that car ... don't clog or "sludge" if the car is properly maintained. The printout mentions an 02 sensor as well... and the two issues aren't related. So ... I'm guessing the CEL has been on for awhile - for the 02 sensor ... and since that really doesn't cause noticeable performance issues usually, it was ignored. The VTEC issue is definitely noticeable, so the problem was investigaged.

There is a lot going on there. Sound like there was less than a 1 L of oil in the engine to cause the VTEC switch not to see oil pressure and malfunction of the VTC system. Oil change will fix that, and make sure the oil level is checked every gas fill up. Will require a new primary O2 sensor. The evap fault is most likely the vent shut valve on the charcoal canister, leaking due to corrosion. Will most likely require replacement of the charcoal canister and the vent shut valve. You will need both as the valve screws will be corroded in the canister.

the vtec solenoid and oil pressure switch (not the normal oil pressure switch ) need to have oil level at the top of dipstick marker at all times. if the solenoid is bad, get an oem one. while many aftermarket items are ok, it is a very common complaint in k-series that the aftermarket ones done work well or at all

Back