06 TSX Valve Train-GC 0W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zmelli
Originally Posted By: k24a4
Wow. Not only does the valvetrain look virtually new, everything around it does as well. Not a speck of rust on the exhaust manifold or intake. Cars live a good life in SoCal!

Did you check/adjust the valves?

I had a slight seep of oil from the valve cover gasket that was burning off at the top of the exhaust manifold. I just wanted installed a valve cover Kit I ordered last year that was sitting around. The tube seals were a bear to replace.
The Books states to only adjust the valves if you have any loud tapping. I debated it and decided to leave them alone. I do feel a little guilty not adjusting them? maybe at 150K.

If it makes you feel any better I have not adjusted mine and am just a tick below 160k miles. I have been using some oil for awhile, and have not yet replaced the gasket. Will have to take a look at that in the Spring/Summer.

Originally Posted By: CT8
0w-30 Castrol since new?

Since 30K, I bought the car used. This Summer I started using the 0W-40 in the Jugs available at Walmart.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for scaring the c**p out of me! Makes me want to pop my valve cover ASAP!

I respectfully disagree on the oil weight being a factor. I've run my engine exclusively on 5w-20 (and a blip of 0w-20) for 160k with no issue (knock on wood). There are far too many k24's on the road that have done the same, into the millions and millions of miles. If the viscosity were and issue we would have heard much more on this galling problem and Honda would have issued a TSB. That is my opinion.

Consider re-posting your valvetrain pics in the General Automotive Section, guys eat that stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back