06 Honda civic 1.8l serpentine belt question

I’m slowly doing maintaince on my 06 Honda civic 1.8L . It’s time to replace the serpentine belt . I did a search and look like Honda release some time of update to the belt length and rerount it different ?

Will the new belt from auto zone continental belt ( because I love the good years gator back “ work ? Thanks

Btw any tips on replace this belt ? I heard it really tight spot to get to .

I’m slowly doing maintaince on my 06 Honda civic 1.8L . It’s time to replace the serpentine belt . I did a search and look like Honda release some time of update to the belt length and rerount it different ?

Will the new belt from auto zone continental belt ( because I love the good years gator back “ work ? Thanks

Btw any tips on replace this belt ? I heard it really tight spot to get to .

Here are a few from rockauto which are compatible, you can compare the part numbers to what AutoZone has:

CONTINENTAL 4070852
w/ Air Conditioning; W/ Updated Belt Routing

ACDELCO 7K852 Gold / Professional
W/Preferred Belt Routing; w/ A/C; Refer to Honda Bulletin 06-059

DAYCO 5070852
Routing changed per Honda TSB 06-059; with A/C

GATES K070852 Micro-V
w/ Air Conditioning; Optional Belt; W/ Routing; Refer to Honda Bulletin 06-059

found a good thread about it:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ntal-goodyear-helicog-gatorback-belts.334581/

Yes, Continental phased them out last year. It was a gradual transition, where different part numbers switched at different times. I was able to get an Elite on eBay last year, and judging by the date code, it was probably one of the last ploycog belts for that part number. If you really want a cogged belt, you can always look on eBay for listings that have a picture of the belt, and buy one of those.

That said, there is nothing wrong with the Conti OE Technology Series. They are quality belts. Bando also makes good belts.

You could always try the Dayco W-belt if you want an aftermarket design and not just regular ribbed belts.

Conti didn't change the part numbers when they went from Elite/Gatorback to the OE Technology Series. The belts you buy from Rock Auto regular inventory will most likely be the new ones. You might get the cog belts if there are any wholesaler closeout.

Back