06 Focus - replaced engine mount -quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symptoms - rattling throughout the dash plastic on startup, worse when cold. New mount went in last night. It's like a lot of things you live with over time and don't realize how bad it is until it's replaced. Rubber isolator collapsed and with mount to frame contact throughout. Bought mine from Amazon for approx $65. Fits and performs perfectly. BTW, the 2 engine mount nuts retorque to 65 lbs/ft. and the 3 mount to body bolts retorque to 35 lbs/ft.

About 45 minutes start to finish.

Last edited:
Huge difference on mine! The first few times I stopped at a stoplight I actually thought the car stalled ...

Then I threw in a polyurethane dogbone mount ... Undid all of that. But my engine is securely mounted.

Yeah, it's the one that locates under the coolant catch tank. The big U shaped casting with the black donut beneath. I don't know how far into the Focus years this has been a problem, but 05, 06 and 07's are known for it.

I replaced this one on my 2007 Focus a few months ago. Much quieter. You can see where it was leaking.

Last edited:
Not too bad at all if you are doing the passenger side one. Look at it first though, you should be able to see if the fluid has leaked out.
I just put a jack under the motor to hold it steady, moved the coolant tank without disconnecting anything, and 5 bolts later the old mount is out.
I bought the ford mount that comes with the body side support, so I just lined it up with the marks from the old one on the body, and put everything back.
Miller88 had his done under warranty and the mechanic took 15 minutes, so its a simple job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back