06 Chrysler Town & Country brake issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month ago, the right front brake locked up. I had it towed to the mechanic and when he looked at it, the brake freed itself and the mechanic couldn't find anything wrong. I've been driving it since and it hasn't done it again. Any ideas what would cause that?

Originally Posted by Warstud
Sounds like a seized caliper.

Yes, which is probably not long to this world, especially if you get the brakes good and hot in traffic. I had a similar issue with my 08 Liberty, ignored it for a while until the caliper started hanging up more frequently. I swapped out the pair along with the brake hoses, rotors, and pads.

A lot of people replace the hose and the caliper at the same time, so they only have to bleed once, but then they don't know what the real problem was.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by atikovi
Collapsed brake hose.

Heard of it. Never seen one in my 50 years.

I happens on occasion. I had a guy with a 66 F100 who's right front hose was so blocked off, absolutely nothing could pass through it.

Thanks guys. The mechanic thought it was the caliper, a bad line or possibly the ABS controller. I don't want to blindly throw money at it hoping to fix the right part. I'll start with the caliper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back