"06 4Runner Gear Oil"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be changing all orifices over to synthetic gear oil in my 06 4Runner V8 Sport after a short run-in period and depending on ease of acquisition will take an Amsoil or Redline offering. Any opinions on using Amsoil's "Severe Gear" or "Longlife Gear" 75/90 in the diff's?

I am wondering also though as this is the first vehicle I've owned with this type of drive train are there any experiences with fluid requirements or options for the "Torsen" type centre differential featured in this vehicle? For instance does fluid composition affect the biasing characteristics of a Torsen unit?

Thanks

Front takes 1.5 quarts and 75w-90, Rear Takes 2.2 quarts and 80w-90.

However, my choice would be to use Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 in both apps as the 75w-90 will provide better cold weather flow than the 80w-90 without compromising wear. The Severe Gear is far superior to the Long Life fluid.

ATF is a proprietary ATF "Toyota WS" so please do not touch that unless you do a drain/refill with the correct fluid.

Mike

Sorry folks, I made a big error in my previous post. The rear differential actually holds 3.15 quarts, NOT 2.2 quarts. Dunno what I was thinking.
pat.gif

Also, its important to note that I overlooked the fact that the user is in Ontario, so they go by the metric system.
wink.gif

Front Diff: 1.4L
Transfer Case: 1.4L
Rear Differential: 3.0L

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back