05 Toyota Tacoma 1GR-FE 4.0V6, MC 7500, MMO, 5109mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my 05 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5 4dr 4x2 with the 1GR-FE 4.0L V6.
The oil was 5.5qts of Mobil Clean 7500 5w30 and 8oz of Marvel Mystry Oil.
The oil was in use for 5109 miles, 11925 on the truck. No makeup oil added. PureOne oil filter was used.
Sample date of 03/25/06.
Testing done by Blackstone Labs.
they said Si was from gaskets and lead was from breakin.

INSOLUBLES: 0.3%
WATER: 0.0%
ANTIFREEZE: 0.0%
FUEL: FLASHPOINT IN F: 375
SUS VISCOSITY @ 210 F: 58.6

ALUMINUM 3
CHROMIUM 1
IRON 8
COPPER 2
LEAD 5
TIN 0
MOLYBDENUM 92
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 1
BORON 35
SILICON 22
SODIUM 169
CALCIUM 1766
MAGNESIUM 108
PHOSPHORUS 690
ZINC 758
BARIUM 0

here are 2 other reports on bitog for comparison:
amsoil
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003337#000000

GC
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003278#000000

just 1 mile difference between my sample and the GC sample. can't get any better of a test than that! GC showed better vis, but less fuel.
i don't know why i had fuel in mine. i drove it 60 minutes solid, though the last part was putting along at 20mph in the subdivision.

The MMO did not help you in fact I believe the contrary is true and the lead is from the MMO interfereing weith the mobil oil. Bite the bullet and get LC for your oil additive itch it seems to not interfere with the balnce. MMO in the crankcase is for winter with monogrades... it's a thinner/Stoddard Solvent, I like to burn it in my fuel now and again but that is all. Nice engine.

Hate to say it, but I agree. If you look at the other two UOA's, lead is a lot lower, for roughly the same type of oil and interval. I love the idea of an additive helping an engine out, but it doesn't look like this is the case here, seems harsh enough to cause damage to the bearings that shows.

I say that 8 oz of MMO isn't hurting a thing.

I use MMO in the crankcase more for a cleaner than an oil additive. I substitute it by the QUART, tho.

On a new truck, I'd leave it out until about 40k miles. Keep using the Mobil Clean, and your engine should stay rite.

No MMO lead=1
MMO lead =5 get the idea?
wink.gif

Hey we don't know if its the MMO and lead=5 is still fine. But I woujld use the MMO in gasoline.

Not a bad overall report.

I don't really buy that all of the lead and silicon is from break-in. You have more miles on your engine than I do on mine (mine is the Amsoil UOA linked above).

If you are changing the oil at 5k. Why not go with the Mobil Clean 5000? Save yourself another $6.

The MMO didn't seem to do anything for you. I personally would rather spend that money on a full synthetic.

so the 4 more ppm lead is "bad", but somebody else having 2 more ppm copper is "ok"?
what about 0 vs 5 Manganese?
and the extra 500 miles (1/10th used mileage) isn't a factor?

ooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I don't understand the need for the oil additive with a brand new engine and MMO at that. If you just use good oil you will be fine.

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner,2.7 liter, 4 cylinder, Mobil1 5w30 ODO 27300
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner,3.0 liter,6 cylinder, Mobil1 5w40 tsuv ODO 104800
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

quote:

I don't understand the need for the oil additive with a brand new engine and MMO at that. If you just use good oil you will be fine.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
smile.gif
Why bother with it if you got super low miles.

i guess i should not put the leftover leaded race fuel in the truck then.
banghead.gif

the mmo was put in to see if it would fix the "pinging" or "tapping" i hear at cold startup. turns out there is a tech bulletin on this now that says it is the exhaust manifold and not an oil issue.
pat.gif

so i'm not worried at all.

While it is not a bad UOA it is not great either! When you look at how few miles are on this oil change interval the lead and cromium are a bit high. I do not think that all of that silicone is still from leaching with 11,000 miles on the clock. I would check all filter and duct work and vacum lines for a leak.

I would do one run of Mobil 7500 with out the MMO. I have been told by chemist that MMO has some chlorinated compounds in it amoungest other things. If you are trying to add solvency to the oil you might as well use something that will also add anti-oxident propities as well like Lube Control. DO a UOA with out the MMO and I bet it will look much better.

I agree with John on the silicon. Too much vs. the mileage and I don't think it's seal and gasket leach from a relatively new engine. I'd sure be looking over the intake tract and air filter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back