'05 Scion Xa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about getting an '05 Scion Xa, anybody have any experience with this vehicle? It has the 1.5L 1NZ-FE engine which I think is in quite a few Toyotas. It's also a 5 speed manual which is what I want. Looking to get something for my commute that's good on gas, but that will also come in handy for a baby that's on the way. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I would not recommend such a small car with an infant and rear facing convertible seat. It may get quite tight.

I would recommend a sedan like Corolla or better yet Camry. Good luck with your search.

I would recommend auto trans version. Reliable safe transportation, small outside appearance with large passenger and cargo volume for its small outside appearance.

I drove a few xAs and I like them. Gas savers too. These low prices are not here to stay.

1st gen xB has the same drivetrain with a whole lot more room-I'm 6'4" and somewhere around 310 & can fit in the BACK SEAT with the front seat all the way back without my knees hitting the seat, nor my head hitting the ceiling. Other than low highway gearing, there's not much I would change on my '05.

I have a friend who has had one for years. quite roomy, considering. a certainly reliable with good mpg. a little noisy;

Rear seat room should be adequate for a rear-facing car seat, better than a Corolla. For a commuter car that will serve occasional kid duty, you'll be in good shape.

Thanks for all the replies! I went and test drove it, and really liked it. I think i could live with one, but I think this one is a bit too high at $4500 with 150,000 miles. I think I'm going to keep looking as we're in no real hurry.

with children, nothing less than a toyota sienna or ram 1500 for us. economy went WAY out the window when your talking diapers and formula. my advice is to rethink what is important to you when it comes to SAFE transportation.

I dunno, we are comfy with our Camry doing kiddie duty. Probably ok with anything really, although we might not downgrade to something lacking say side airbags. ABS is nice too.

Originally Posted By: womcat
Thanks for all the replies! I went and test drove it, and really liked it. I think i could live with one, but I think this one is a bit too high at $4500 with 150,000 miles. I think I'm going to keep looking as we're in no real hurry.

i second the posters that recommended the xB. you will need that space!
also a non-standard choice would be a mazda5 with stickshift/manual (mini-minivan; practically a mazda3 in a bigger skin). they are out there.
also if you choose manual/stick, make sure your significant other knows how to drive the vehicle also.

Originally Posted By: womcat

I paid $6k for one xB with 160k miles last summer. These are in demand cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back