05 PRIUS - NAPA Synthetic 5w30 - 9384mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second UOA report.

Oil: NAPA Synthetic 5w30
Additive: Moly 150mL
Filtration: Oil (9.4k) NAPA Gold (WIX), Air (29k)

PRIUS_UOA_9.4k--137k.jpg

Wow, low iron. The only other UOA with that low of an iron value (per mile of course!) is when somebody was using Mobil1 Racing Oil mixed in with mostly M1 AFE 0w-30 synthetic. So not bad at all. Of course this is a Toyota engine, so they are almost always impressively low on iron. Wonder if the extra moly helped just a little, since it was more miles run this time and still low iron, even better this time per mile.

ExMachina -

I'm surprised myself. When result for the 1st UOA came, I thought Blackstone may have made a mistake with the wear numbers being so low... and the oil was a syn-blend (76 Super Synthetic Blend 5w30 specs: API Service SN, ILSAC GF-5).

Last edited:
That is awesome
smile.gif

How's making Napas full synthetic now?? I know it used to be Ashland. Is this still the case or is it another supplier?

Originally Posted By: Bugzii
ExMachina -

I'm surprised myself. When result for the 1st UOA came, I thought Blackstone may have made a mistake with the wear numbers being so low... and the oil was a syn-blend (76 Super Synthetic Blend 5w30 specs: API Service SN, ILSAC GF-5).

What type, brand , and amount of moly did you add?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
ExMachina -

He used 150 ml, and I assumed it was half the can of:
2009.jpg

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Wow, low iron. The only other UOA with that low of an iron value (per mile of course!) is when somebody was using Mobil1 Racing Oil mixed in with mostly M1 AFE 0w-30 synthetic. So not bad at all.

What?

And actually, I remember that "guy" and he was running a 50/50 mix of M1R 0w50 and M1 0w20 AFE.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Wow, low iron. The only other UOA with that low of an iron value (per mile of course!) is when somebody was using Mobil1 Racing Oil mixed in with mostly M1 AFE 0w-30 synthetic. So not bad at all.

What?

And actually, I remember that "guy" and he was running a 50/50 mix of M1R 0w50 and M1 0w20 AFE.

You got another guy, different mix. My guy ran M1 0w-30 AFE, with M1 0w-30 Racing, although at times in the past he had mixed Racing with 15w-50. Explained at http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2971429

My reference, jsharp, had great iron results doing that. How did your guy do?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
ExMachina -

I used 1/2 a bottle of this... and this was the first application.

2009.jpg

Originally Posted By: bbhero
That is awesome
smile.gif

How's making Napas full synthetic now?? I know it used to be Ashland. Is this still the case or is it another supplier?

The bottles I used have "Ashland" printed on the back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back