05 ford expedition changing brake question

Status
Not open for further replies.
any one know the exactly size, of 2 bolt that hold the brake caliper ? I know its allen head. That would be great help, thank you. -MetalSlug-

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
any one know the exactly size, of 2 bolt that hold the brake caliper ? I know its allen head. That would be great help, thank you. -MetalSlug-

It should be an odd 9 mm size hex allen wrench. Not common, but not rare either.

p.s., Google is your friend: Expedition caliper bolt size.

i do use google before, but some say 7mm, 9mm, some say 19mm, I stop by autozone today and borrow those size and find 7mm is the best fix . thanks every one.

now my question is ( yes I did google ), about bleed the brake, some say just pump the brake pedal til it hard, and they dint say anything about open the bleed screw, now I want to make sure I need to just pump the brake or have to open the bleeding screw.

What are you doing, replacing pads and just removing the caliper or changing that too?

The premise of bleeding brakes requires that the bleeder be opened, and people like to pound the pedal ahead of time to "shake the bubbles loose" or somesuch.

I like to prop a stick between the seat cushion and pedal then go to my corner and open the bleeder for a real quick spritz. Seems to work.

You might do well to pick up a haynes manual or something before you crash this 3 ton monster into a bus stop.

all done, everything working perfectly
smile.gif
, thanks every one that input.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Have you called your local Ford Dealership part department? They might know.

We won't know. The most we would know is possibly the thread size, or if one was in stock we could physically check the part. Ford gives us very little info on hardware specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back