04 Volvo S60 2.4 | 4,810 miles on Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

I've always been a little curious to see what wear metals look like on my old daily driver after ~5000 miles on an oil change.

Not bad. Not bad. I'm really liking my wear numbers on all of my cars with the Pennzoil. I used to be a staunch Mobil1 only user.

That doesn't look a lot like Pennzoil Platinum. A recent VOA can be seen here. Where'd all the boron go and where did all that moly come from? Other than that, can ask much more from this report. Looks great.

Looks great - that is an excellent engine, and you've clearly taken proper care of it.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Where did all the moly come from? Additive?

LiquiMoly MoS2.

I put that stuff in everything. Even air compressors ...‚

Originally Posted by JustN89
That doesn't look a lot like Pennzoil Platinum. A recent VOA can be seen here. Where'd all the boron go and where did all that moly come from? Other than that, can ask much more from this report. Looks great.

Oof, you're right. I put high mileage in this last time because all of the standard Platinum was sold out. Completely slipped my mind.

What does the change in boron do? Am I missing out on something good?

Originally Posted by CEHepp
Originally Posted by JustN89

Oof, you're right. I put high mileage in this last time because all of the standard Platinum was sold out. Completely slipped my mind.

What does the change in boron do? Am I missing out on something good?

Boron is just another AW component. Clearly you're not missing out on anything- you can't ask for a much better report. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Nice report especially with 264k on the engine.ðŸ‘

What kind of filter are you running?

Originally Posted by CEHepp
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Where did all the moly come from? Additive?

LiquiMoly MoS2.

I put that stuff in everything. Even air compressors ...‚

Would be nice to know this and let Blackstone know.

I do wonder where the sodium is coming from.

Last edited:
I did list that where it asks what additives were used. I don't think I've ever seen it listed back on any UOA I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back