04 Saturn ION, 2.2L Ecotec, PP 5w30, 8,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post, first UOA, first time buying Pennzoil, first Fram oil filter (Fram Ultra - XG9018).

UOA_1.jpg

I don't think there's anything here to be worried about yet. Metals are all higher but they don't give you the average mileage either, which was closer to 5000 miles when I was watching Ecotec UOAs. I think I would likely go with their recommendation and see what you get then.

Is this the first synthetic you've put in or just never used PP?

Nice report IMO - could have gone 10k easy. 2.2 Ecotecs are generally easy on oil. Thanks for posting.

Oil Change History (from memory):
Miles - Oil
500 - Change FF for VWB
1500 - VWB
3000 - VDB
6000 - VDB
10000 - VSP

5K OCI with VSP until ~40K where I did 3-5 OCI with Kendall GT-1 Syn Blend (was commuting 33 miles each way and got lazy so had Tires Plus do oil changes). After those 3-5 GT-1 changes got back on the VSP. Somewhere between 80K and 100K I started switching to M1 0w30 for cold weather changes (any change occurring between Sept. and Feb.) and back to VSP 5w30 for warm weather changes. The 135K (OK, closer to 136K...) change was my first go with PP. I was going to take it to 10K OCI but chickened out. I got 4 jugs of it for under $1/qt after gas rebate so I'm pretty happy with that. I figure if I do 8K OCI 2 more times that will get me to 152K, then 160K, with good baseline UOAs. Then I can go 10K OCI without worry and I can quit with the UOAs unless I think there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back