04 Neon 2.0 H/O 5400 miles PP 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 2nd UOA on this car, the first one about 3 months ago is here. It's used M1 10w30 since the first oil change but for this sample PP was used since it was on sale. Oil filter was a Wix 51348.

I've read here about high Fe readings when using M1 but the Neon seems to have done ok on it, the PP UOA looks about the same as the M1 UOA. Oil consumption is still at 1/2 pint every 6k miles. On this oil change the oilpan was refilled with M1.

This car is my work commuter and I plan on driving it as long as I can, I hope the UOA trend continues to stay the way it is for a while.
smile.gif

UOA20002.jpg

Very impressive. PP looks to have handled the fuel problem better, hence the higher Flash Point. Good amount of Ca.

Yes, very impressive. The flash point is as good as new. 5k in 3months?? 6 month OCIs would be easy for you...maybe longer.

definitely can go longer oci with these driving conditions, UOA back this up. 6 month/10k would be my recommendation. my dad had a similar driving condition 30k year highway driver, I changed his with dino every 5k and that even got too tedious for me. changing oil every 2 months is too much for me when I got my own cars to worry about! but he would not go any longer than 5k miles on any oil dino or syn. so I saved him some money by using dino. luckily, his driving conditions changed so I do it every 6 months, but he bugs me about changing his oil all the time. he's disabled and can't do it himself.

Based on the UOA's the next oil change is going to be about 7500. I would go longer but the car will be a little over 105k and that's when the timing belt is due for Neons. Since there's a bunch of other maintenance items due, I'll add on the oil change then.

On the flash point, Blackstone says there's not really any significant fuel in the samples yet the M1, while still in limits, is a bit lower. Is it just the oil itself?

The flash point for M1 10w-30 and PP 10w-30 are identical (224C/435F). It would indicate that you may have had a fuel/tune issue, but that it was corrected for the PP run. Any difference in service between the two OCI's??

Quote:

Based on the UOA's the next oil change is going to be about 7500. I would go longer but the car will be a little over 105k and that's when the timing belt is due for Neons. Since there's a bunch of other maintenance items due, I'll add on the oil change then.

On the flash point, Blackstone says there's not really any significant fuel in the samples yet the M1, while still in limits, is a bit lower. Is it just the oil itself?

what brand of OF did u use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back