04 Lexus RX330 231,500 miles - valve cover pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to post this topic, wasn't really a UOA -- mods feel free to move to another forum.

Below are valve cover pics from our 2004 Lexus RX330 with 231,500 miles; the vehicle was purchased new in November 2003.

Oil changes have usually been at around 5,000 miles with:
--Started with Mobil 1, then switched to Pennzoil Platinum early on and later Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage (usually 5W30)
---At some intervals, I would mix 60/40 of Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Conventional
--I usually use Toyota OEM oil filters (an occasional Fram Ultra was used)
--4 oz of Tufoil with each oil change

For completeness, the last UOA was completed at around 221,000 miles and is located here:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4511112/Pennzoil_5W30,_4105_miles,_200#Post4511112

Your arm in that photo is dirtier than the engine
crackmeup2.gif

WOW! Bee-yoo-tee-full!

Very nice job over all those years!

You should feel proud.

Wow that motor is good for another 200,000 miles. I had an 03 Toyota Corolla several years ago that had 230,000 miles on it. It was used as a hospital delivery car for samples etc. and they would think nothing of running it about 400 miles in 1 day! Your engine is in great shape and you should be proud of your maintenance.

Originally Posted By: fcjeep

Why did you remove the VCs? Leaking?

Front was leaking pretty bad and back was more of a moderate seep/weep.

Great job on keeping up with maintenance. I think with regular syn oil changes your engine would look the same. Not sure if Tufoil really improves on a good synthetic oil in a modern engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back