04 Corolla Valve Cover Opened

Hope you’re well. Changed the valve cover gasket of the Corolla today. Here’s some pics.

Plugs had 115k km on them. Oil changes are done every 8,000km using a Fram TG. Mix use between M1 and Pennzoil Platinum over the 19 years. Enjoy.

BEC0B177-C747-49A0-AA60-59077DE9EDE4.jpeg
A17DCD56-60EA-4AC8-A30B-B057F9FFFAF3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words and interest.

1) Yep, she's 18 years old, never missed a beat. When dad use to drive the car to work it was highway, 36 km round trip. He passed away in 2010 and since then I have been putting my best effort forward into maintaining this car for my sister by doing most things on the car on my own. I would say the ratio now is 80% short trips, 20% highway driving, all year round here in Toronto.

2) The total mileage on the engine is 268,XXX kilometers. It's a 2004. Dad bought it brand new back in 2004, I remember that year we had the black out in Toronto, luckily, we were in Vancouver at the time.

3) Glad you like the Z @aquariuscsm. It's my late spring/summer car, 6 speed manual and fun to whip around. Has BC BR coilovers, a 19 Row oil cooler with a Setrab core, Top Speed cat back exhaust, CSC elimination kit (issue on manuals) and yeah. Keep the oil changes to every 5,000km using a Fram Ultra but thinking on changing to a Napa Gold filter since there is no more wire backing though the filtration has improved... Oil ranges from M1 0w40, M1 ESP 5w30, Motul 5w30 and PP Euro L 5w30. I always enjoy trying something new.

3) Glad you like the Z @aquariuscsm. It's my late spring/summer car, 6 speed manual and fun to whip around. Has BC BR coilovers, a 19 Row oil cooler with a Setrab core, Top Speed cat back exhaust, CSC elimination kit (issue on manuals) and yeah. Keep the oil changes to every 5,000km using a Fram Ultra but thinking on changing to a Napa Gold filter since there is no more wire backing though the filtration has improved... Oil ranges from M1 0w40, M1 ESP 5w30, Motul 5w30 and PP Euro L 5w30. I always enjoy trying something new.
It's gorgeous! :love:

Looks about the same as my sister's. I think you really have to abuse the 1.8L for it to be dirty.

Back