'03 VW Golf TDI - M1 TDT 5w40 - 9,000 mi OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to me Golf TDI w/ ALH 1.9L. Got it about a month ago from the 2nd owner and 167K miles. Really like it, however it's too small. I'd prefer a Jetta or Wagon instead.

47 MPGs average combined hand calculated on 2 fill ups.

Needed an Oil Change and Fuel Filter. I also replaced the fuel supply/return lines to the IP as they were showing their age. Other than that it is very clean and well maintained vehicle.

Engine is basically stock except a Malone Stage 2 tune and Bosio PP520 nozzles. The PO has reduced EGR flow using adaption function in VCDS.

Report says D1 ESP however it's M1 TDT, CJ-4 version. Surprisingly, this is the same wear profile I've seen when using D1 in my 2.8 Duramax. Overall the wear report is really good considering the EGR system is functional. Hard to believe, really... I took the sample mid-drain.

Re-filled with RLI Biosyn 10w40 CJ-4 and a Bosch Premium filter. I don't think RLI can outdo ESP or TDT but we shall see...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Nice one! Great analysis as well. I love my 02, drives great at 195k and I just picked up an 05 with the PD to flip, 205 on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back