03 Honda S2000 Amsoil 0W-30 35,096 mi OCI w/bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hate2work

I hate it when a perfectly good UOA is ruined with the use of lots of make up oil.

Umm... it's an S2000.. I've seen reports of the same amount of consumption with a 10k mile OCI on that engine. That is fantastic IMHO! You're crazy
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KW
I just had to dig this report back up. Looks outstanding to me! Makes me want to put a by-pass system on one of my cars, just nothing I drive sees over 8 or 9K a year. I might look into getting a system for my CAT tractor since it has a very small 3 quart sump and change the oil and filter as recommended and the by-pass when it stops getting warm.

Slalom44, how much longer til your next OCI?

Thanks.
grin.gif

I currently have 164K on the engine, or 14K on the OCI. I'm planning on going 40,000 on this OCI, which won't be until next summer. The car still runs like new.

I just love this thread for the anti-Amsoil bear trap effect. Just KIDDING. First it's with all the consumption comments, then justification.....naturally all leaving out bits of the discussion to make their "point". Very interesting.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I just love this thread for the anti-Amsoil bear trap effect. Just KIDDING. First it's with all the consumption comments, then justification.....naturally all leaving out bits of the discussion to make their "point". Very interesting.

haha.. agreed. The consumption is incredibly low for the OCI! I'm amazed at this setup personally.

Shills and lab mice exhibiting conditioned responses to stimuli. They really can't help it. No one sees themselves outside of their bubble, myself included. I would hope for all my character flaws, that motor oil is the last thing I would choose to champion for the sake of some "whatever". I do it because I sell it. I've got a vested ..and rationally plausible reason. Others are at a total loss to justify themselves. I'd love to hear the reasons. Group dynamics and oddities in human behavior are an undisciplined study of mine.

Why do you do what you do? Observations aren't necessarily criticisms.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Shills and lab mice exhibiting conditioned responses to stimuli. They really can't help it. No one sees themselves outside of their bubble, myself included. I would hope for all my character flaws, that motor oil is the last thing I would choose to champion for the sake of some "whatever". I do it because I sell it. I've got a vested ..and rationally plausible reason. Others are at a total loss to justify themselves. I'd love to hear the reasons. Group dynamics and oddities in human behavior are an undisciplined study of mine.

Interesting perspective. When you step back and look at the dialogue, you see it differently. I was definitely drawn into the quicksand when my buttons were being pushed. And he kept on trying to push more buttons (my favorite is suggesting sloppy tolerances on my engine). The question is why. I guess the implications of this thread were pushing his buttons too.

Pablo - you say you're kidding about the anti-Amsoil bear trap effect, but there's some truth to it.

Originally Posted By: slalom44
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Interesting perspective. When you step back and look at the dialogue, you see it differently. I was definitely drawn into the quicksand when my buttons were being pushed. And he kept on trying to push more buttons (my favorite is suggesting sloppy tolerances on my engine). The question is why. I guess the implications of this thread were pushing his buttons too.

Pablo - you say you're kidding about the anti-Amsoil bear trap effect, but there's some truth to it.

I think it was more anti MLM than anything else.. you could feel the hate for MLM through the text and the justifications that followed as a result.

Nothing wrong with shorter OCIs with good oil, and nothing wrong with this setup where you don't have to get under your car 4-5 times as much.

It is interesting to watch behavior repeat itself over and over again... like computer algorithms.. are you sure BITOG didn't implement bots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back